Highlighted

Publishing for Animate to HTML5/JS has lost its mind.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received some revisions to an existing ad campaign done in HTML5 / JS.  I originally created these about a month ago, on Windows 7 and (I'm pretty sure) an earlier version of Animate. I recently moved to a new PC so all my Adobe products, the OS, etc. are up to date.

Now, however, the HTML5 coming out of animate is ... crazy and unpredictable. One example is the fonts, which are randomly replaced at runtime with new fonts. See attached for an example. It doesn't even seem consistent about which bits of text get re-mapped.

Is there a switch somewhere I need to throw?

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Publishing for Animate to HTML5/JS has lost its mind.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received some revisions to an existing ad campaign done in HTML5 / JS.  I originally created these about a month ago, on Windows 7 and (I'm pretty sure) an earlier version of Animate. I recently moved to a new PC so all my Adobe products, the OS, etc. are up to date.

Now, however, the HTML5 coming out of animate is ... crazy and unpredictable. One example is the fonts, which are randomly replaced at runtime with new fonts. See attached for an example. It doesn't even seem consistent about which bits of text get re-mapped.

Is there a switch somewhere I need to throw?

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 06, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are two different iterations of the same .FLA file. 😞snap3.jpgsnap4.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark, Thanks for reaching out!

This is a known issue in latest version of Animate and we are currenty working on the fix.

In the interim, could you please try the workaround that I have suggested ? Kindly check your inbox for the steps.

Let me know if it works for you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'll let you know.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short answer: it did not work.

I don't think it changed anything but that's very hard to say because the font replacement behavior seems random.Snap1.jpgSnap2.jpgsnap3.jpgsnap4.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My solution for now is to break ALL TEXT into shapes within Animate before publishing. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

This issue with the font has been addressed in the latest update (20.5.1 #31044) that is pushed Live today. Please update your version of Animate to the latest using Creative Cloud Desktop application to avail the fix.
I hope this works, let me know if you still face any issues.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 1