• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about looping an image sequence?

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm making a short interactive film that features moments where buttons needs to be displayed; each button will represent a path in the film's story and will take the user to an alternate clip, ultimately creating a unique viewing experience with each viewing. However, I only need the buttons to show up towards th end of each clip; I've exported all of my scenes as image sequences to my stage, but I need the end part of each scene to loop for a few seconds during the moments where the user must click a button to progress. Obviously I don't want the full clips to loop, so I'm wondering if theres a way to loop the last few seconds. Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm relet new to Animate.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

gotoAndPlay()

BTW, if your video clips are of any non-trivial size and/or length, this approach will result in a freaking massive file size.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gotoAndPlay()

BTW, if your video clips are of any non-trivial size and/or length, this approach will result in a freaking massive file size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Separately, my clips are about 20 seconds long, with the exception of one that is about 1 minute. As a whole, the clips may come to runtime of about 4-5 minutes. Would this be an issue and make for a large file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, with very simple script and label, I believe, you can set any portion of your Timeline to loop until you press a button to go to a new location and play from a new label.

Basically like this:

Section 1 - frames 1 to 300; label A on 280, script on 300 telling it to go and play label A

When it reaches frame 300 it goes back to 280 until you break the cycle with the press of a button.

Button tells it to go to Section 3 which starts at frame 600 and ends at frame 900, where we have another script to tell it to go to label C which is at frame 850.

And so on...

There are people here who are much more knowledgeable than me in the the area of interactivity, so I will leave the specifics to them.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines