2017-10-08.png'

Answers please. How do i fix

TOPICS
Error , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Hi !

I had the same problem and found a solution ([PT/ENG] "An error occurred while opening the file" How to get your file back - Animate CC tutorial - YouTube ). You can find previous version of your file there :

- For Windows : AppData > Local > Adobe > AnimateCC > pt_BR > Configuration > Files "RECUPERAR_(...).fla"

- For Mac : Library > Application Support > Adobe > AnimateCC > en_US > Configuration > Files "TMP(...).fla"

I hope this answer can help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does that happen with all fla files you try to open (which indicates animate problem->reset your preferences), or only with that file (which indicates a corrupt fla->there's a very small chance it can be fixed).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi !

I had the same problem and found a solution ([PT/ENG] "An error occurred while opening the file" How to get your file back - Animate CC tutorial ... ). You can find previous version of your file there :

- For Windows : AppData > Local > Adobe > AnimateCC > pt_BR > Configuration > Files "RECUPERAR_(...).fla"

- For Mac : Library > Application Support > Adobe > AnimateCC > en_US > Configuration > Files "TMP(...).fla"

I hope this answer can help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For animate 2018 for mac I found it here:

Users/<yourUserNameHere>/Application Support/Adobe/Animate CC 2018/en_US/Configuration/TMP….fla

I found several other .fla files but they were all 1 KB, the good one was 300KB.

Thank you so much for posting this!  : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this ! This was really helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi i have the same problem but i cannot see the link of the vid u shared 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working. Please share me working youtube link. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after renaming the file from rar to fla it works but my movieclips are gone i cannot access them anymore it only shows a white dot where my movievlip was, when i double click on it nothing happens. PLEEEEEAAASEEEE HEELPPPP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check your duplicate post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm having this problem too and this solution doesn't work for me. It only happens when it syncs to my email or something like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the marked solution only works if you have a working recovery file (and that will only exist if you have auto-recovery enabled).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I am having this exact problem. But there weren't any recovery file in the configuration folder. The problem was as I saved work, then my laptop died - I forgot to put it on charge.

Do you guys have other ways to fix this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can rename your fla to a rar and use winrar to repair.  then rename the repaired rar to a fla and try opening it.

whether that works or fails, it always works to save fla's frequently with an increasing version number appended to the file name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried following the tutorial on Youtube of repairing and restoring my flash files with WinRar software but when I opened my recovered flash files, all the memory was lost. Also the flash version I'm using is the the most recent so I don't understand why they keep getting corrupt. I can open the recovered files but all my work is lost. What should I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

learn to prevent this in the future and restart (assuming you've tried the recovery methods explained before).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often work from google drive and it saves versions every time you save on your local folder if synched for 30 days I think. It is practical. Then you can save your latest version forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my file wasnt even there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines