• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question: "An error occurred opening file" (Adobe Animate CC 2019)

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is a very well known issue within the community but no solutions have worked for me.

When trying to open my animation project I get the notorious message, "An error occurred opening file F:\ blah blah" I've tried using WinRar to fix it as a .rar and a .zip, which nither had worked. I've gone in the Configuration folder for Animate CC 2019 none of my auto saves are there for some reason. I have had this problem in the past so I knew to work with an autosave method but none of my auto saves are anywhere to be found. I'd hate to have to face the fact I have to start from a 33mb backup when I was on a 111mb file.

Other than that, does anyone know if they'll be fixing this? I get that file corruption is a very hard thing to get rid of, and that it'll never be 100% gone, but Adobe makes billions of dollars and I'm starting to believe they're just giving up on it. More than half my files have gotten corrupt in the past.

Also my PC's build can't be the issue

I have a GTX 970 graphics card

an i7 processor 

and plenty of space on my SSD for files.

When I work on my animation projects Adobe Animate is the only thing taking up any CPU and memory .

TOPICS
Error , Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mate, 

There are two things that you can do:

1. Get into the habit of saving your file under a new name every few hours; always do nightly backups of all your work.

2. Identify a version of Flash / Animate that is less prone to corrupting your files and stick with it, rather than jumping onto each new release, which are always full of unknown new bugs.

(For example I use Flash Pro CS6 + EDAP Tools for my work - serious animation work - every day, more than 8 hours a day. For 7 years I have experienced file corruption only once and I had a version saved half an hour earlier. Also had a recent SWF which I could import back in. The damage was rectified in less than 5 minutes.)

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines