• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quick Question About Audio in Adobe Animate

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a bit of a predicament for my project. I want to make a movie that will use a wide variety of audio tracks. Is there a way that I can pause the first audio and use another in my timeline?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First things first-- is your end product going to be a video file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it, will be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes there's ways, but we'd need to know more info. Is this dynamic content? When you say "pause" do you just need the audio to start later down the timeline via the play head? Or control via actionScript?

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By pause I mean I want the audio to play for about 20 seconds, stop, then play another audio. I also do not need the audio to play later down in the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you're describing isn't pausing, it's stopping. That's trivial with timeline audio. When you put the audio on the timeline, set its synch type to Stream (do this for ALL your audio tracks). If you can't set audio to stream, you're in the wrong document type. You need to be working in an AS3 document. Then where you want the audio to stop, just insert a blank keyframe. You can also shape the volume and set different start points for audio by drawing a custom envelope under Effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! It worked. Sorry for the late reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not just add audio in the premiere? export the video and add the audio there. It would be easier to control the audio that way. Unless you are using code or you really want to have the audio in Animate. You will find the Audio is better quality in premiere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. I will use premiere pro instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines