• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"an error occurred while opening file"

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, I've been working on a series of animations in Adobe Animate CC 2019. Most of the FLAs for that project have been corrupted. I've tried using WinRAR to try to repair the files, didn't work. I tried to look into the folders of Animate to see if I can find my FLAs there to keep working on them, didn't work. I need to figure out how to get those files back to keep working on them. If not, I lost about a total of a whole month of work and would have to start over, I don't want to restart my progress. If anyone knows how to fix this issue without giving me the following answers below. I'd be happy to hear about it!

Thank you,

-Nick

The answers that don't work and I don't want to see:

1. Use WinRAR to repair the files.

2. Look into the files of Animate to find the latest versions of the corrupted files.

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry for your wasted time and frustration, mate!

It is hard to tell what the reason for file corruption might be, so that you can avoid this happening to you in the future.

By the frequency of these posts here on the forum I get a sense that corruptions are happening more often now than in the old days.

None of the recovery methods are guaranteed to work. The best thing you can get out of this situation is a valuable lesson:

Save your files as you go under a new name several times a day.

Back them up to at least two external locations every time you finish work for the day.

In such a case if corruption occurs, you only lose what you have done after the last incremental save.

Everyone knows about backups, but most people tend to ignore this knowledge until they personally suffer file loss.

Good luck!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried opening the affected FLAs on another machine? When there are multiple files corrupted, I'd want to rule out a problem with the Animate installation itself (or indeed the computer it's installed on).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines