• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Could not load scene into memory. Your document may be damaged."

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, before you start reading, yes, I have learned my lesson.

I started a project a few days ago and worked religiously to get it done (more than 24 hours at least). Once I got to the midway point, all of a sudden, my file couldn't save to the location. Okay, I've had this error before. So I try to save it to a new file name. It still doesn't work. Hmm, interesting,

So then my brain starts to panic.

I close Adobe Animate (2019) and restart my computer, hoping that it was just a little glitch. However, when I open it, a new error appears "Could not load scene into memory. Your document may be damaged."

What the heck? The error message appears on both saves and my "scene" where all my work was is now gone. Keep in mind, I had a couple of animate-made symbols and one bitmap for the background. Other than that, the minute I had animated is all drawn.

So now I start panicking and scrambling to find answers on the internet. All my photos/symbols look fine in the library, and when I tried to "fix" it in WinRAR, it told me that my file isn't corrupted nor broken, so I was hoping that maybe someone could help me to either find older versions of said .fla or know how to fix this problem? I would greatly appreciate it

-- Kiki Frost

EDIT:

Also, I tried finding the PublishSettings.xml -- There's only one of those

So that method doesn't work.

I tried saving it multiple times to different places: Nope.

And it's not my platform because I can open other documents

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Hi.

The XML file that describes your timelines/scenes (DOMDocument.xml) is damaged. If you take a look at it, you'll see that the element that describes the Scene 1 is incomplete and the other 2 scenes/timelines elements are not there.

This probably happened because of an incomplete save operation, I guess.

Do you have an older version that may contain a complete version of this file?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I'm sorry about that.

Can you provide your FLA so we can take a look at it?

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure thing!

So here is the original one (which doesn't have the message anymore but still disregards that there's a missing scene?

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlJbk1zhhuMRrk2Up06rbqZA-193

And here is the second save, which has the original error message

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlJbk1zhhuMRrk6JCyNL72w_5kew

I hope that somehow, you can find something I looked over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

The XML file that describes your timelines/scenes (DOMDocument.xml) is damaged. If you take a look at it, you'll see that the element that describes the Scene 1 is incomplete and the other 2 scenes/timelines elements are not there.

This probably happened because of an incomplete save operation, I guess.

Do you have an older version that may contain a complete version of this file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wow, I would've never guessed!

I tried a program to try and find older versions of the save but they come across as "unreadable" in adobe. Would I still be able to use said DOMDocument.xml if it's still there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But did you manage to restore the lost scenes from your damaged document? It happened to me when I lost my scenes I've invested time on for weeks worth of work. I pray to know if a damaged document doesn't mean my scenes are gone right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But did you restore the lost scenes in the document that's been damaged? I've haven't tested it out yet because I don't want to tamper with it until I know that It works without getting constant errors or anything like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same with me 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe,....
Your .fla was originally authored on a computer with a different operating system. Try opening it on the computer it was created.
Your .fla might have been made with a different version of Flash. Make sure you are opening it in the same version of Flash.
Your .fla might have been corrupted. If you look in the folder and it says the file size is something like 7kb, then your .fla file is seriously corrupted. Hopefully you have backups if this is the case.

I wish I could help, but I honestly this link:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate-discussions/cannot-load-scene-into-memory-your-document-may-b...

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/19207093/could-not-load-scene-into-memory-your-document-may-be-d...

https://youtu.be/Bi1YunRmcPQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe,....
Your .fla was originally authored on a computer with a different operating system. Try opening it on the computer it was created.
Your .fla might have been made with a different version of Flash. Make sure you are opening it in the same version of Flash.
Your .fla might have been corrupted. If you look in the folder and it says the file size is something like 7kb, then your .fla file is seriously corrupted. Hopefully you have backups if this is the case.
I wish I could help, but I honestly this link:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate-discussions/cannot-load-scene-into-memory-your-document-may-b...
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/19207093/could-not-load-scene-into-memory-your-document-may-be-d...
https://youtu.be/Bi1YunRmcPQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines