• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rectangle changes position when scaling

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a keyframe, added a rectangle, created another keyframe down the timeline, tried to scale it - both with the cursor and by typing in a scale factor - and each time I do, it disappears and shows up somewhere else. It's a fairly simple task I am trying to complete - A box outline expands from one keyframe to another down the timeline. If I draw a shape and import it from Illustrator, no problems. I actually have a pretty complex Illustrator file imported, that I have been working on all day. Every time I try to use a shape tool in Animate, something weird happens when I move or scale it. Shapes move diagonally when I try to nudge them with arrow keys. Sometimes they just disapear and  I find them other places after zooming out. It doesn't matter if I use the touch pad or the tablet. Same behavior. Is there a setting I have missed that changes this behavior? It's like it's trying to go on a different onto a different axis, but all I have is X and Y. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Figured it out. I didn't notice it until further in my work, and assumed it was the shape tools within Animate acting up. It's the camera layer. When the camera is turned on, funky stuff happens. All those problems disapear when it's turned off. Everything created with the native tools while the camera was on still acts out, but newly created objects respond fine. Moral of the story, turn camera off before using native tools in Animate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Figured it out. I didn't notice it until further in my work, and assumed it was the shape tools within Animate acting up. It's the camera layer. When the camera is turned on, funky stuff happens. All those problems disapear when it's turned off. Everything created with the native tools while the camera was on still acts out, but newly created objects respond fine. Moral of the story, turn camera off before using native tools in Animate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines