• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove looping on imported video?

Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I - I just imported an FLV video into my Animate project (it's 4 seconds with no audio), and chose the import as Movie Clip option. It automatically loops but I want it to stop after one play, then remove from timeline. Can someone tell me where I'd go to edit that looping setting? Thank you!

TOPICS
How to , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Well I needed to get this done quickly and didn't hear an answer so tried the embedded into timeline version of importing. This seems to work and plays through once. If you are able to stop the looping of a movie clip as explained in my OP then please let me know (I read that importing as a movie clip would give you the most flexibility/control . . . but apparently not with looping?) Still open to more input even though I've got it working, as I'm pretty new to working with sound in animations .

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I needed to get this done quickly and didn't hear an answer so tried the embedded into timeline version of importing. This seems to work and plays through once. If you are able to stop the looping of a movie clip as explained in my OP then please let me know (I read that importing as a movie clip would give you the most flexibility/control . . . but apparently not with looping?) Still open to more input even though I've got it working, as I'm pretty new to working with sound in animations . . . thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

Just change the Symbol type from Movie Clip to Graphic in Properties panel. Then more controls will appear. Choose "Play once" and it will stop.

Movie Clips are meant to be used only in interactive projects where you control them with code.

In animation we use Graphic Symbols.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Nick, for responding. The embed option is working perfect for me in this instance, but I appreciate the response for other projects. Here's why I was confused when I sought advice on the Adobe support website here, https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/using/add-video.html:

"Embedded Video

If you’re using the video clip for linear playback in the Timeline, importing the video into the Timeline is the most appropriate method.

Movie Clip

A best practice is to place video inside a movie clip instance, because you have the most control over the content. The video’s Timeline plays independently from the main Timeline. You do not have to extend your main Timeline by many frames to accommodate the video, which can make working with your FLA file difficult.

Graphic

When you embed a video clip as a graphic symbol, you cannot interact with the video using ActionScript (typically you use graphic symbols for static images and to create reusable pieces of animation that are tied to the main Timeline)."

Anyway, thanks for replying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines