Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove unwanted objects in a symbol.

Engaged ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I have created a symbol, and when I select it, the bounding box of the symbol is much larger than it should be. This is because the bounding box includes an unwanted object located at some distance from the symbol. I do not know how to remove the unwanted object. If I edit the symbol, I cannot delete the unwanted object without deleting the symbol also. Does anyone have any advice about this problem? Grateful for any help. I would like to post a screenshot, but I cannot see a link on this page.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

There's no telling how you have it put together.... you should know what went into it unless this is someone else's creation.  Try using the Break Apart option after you select the contents of the symbol while editing it - maybe a couple times.  Maybe that will allow removal of just the unwanted element.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no telling how you have it put together.... you should know what went into it unless this is someone else's creation.  Try using the Break Apart option after you select the contents of the symbol while editing it - maybe a couple times.  Maybe that will allow removal of just the unwanted element.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Ned for your response. I have discovered that the problem was because I had not cleaned up my original Photoshop images enough. I had not realised what a difference that would make. I have now used the Magnetic Lasso Tool in Photoshop to clean up each Photoshop layer before bringing the file into Animate. Unfortunately there are about 60 Photoshop layers, so it took a long time. But it seemed to do the job. I have also learned a lot. I am learning as I go.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines