• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

REPEATING A (SET OF) FRAME(S) FOR A CERTAIN TIME

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very new so please do not be offended by my basic questions which - despite searching the net - I could not answer.
So far I have only mastered the art of button-controlled-branching to other frames.
So yes when a user presses a button the program branches to a set of 10 slides called "slide17"  (on frames 170 to 179 - keyframe = frame 170).

Now I would like to code the following:

On the background (stage image) of these frames (170-179) I want to play some animations and then - without the user pressing any buttons - return to keyframe 10 (which I called "slide1").

My thought was to tell adobe animate to 
   - "gotoAndPlay("slide17")  - "for a certain time - (20 seconds)"   
   - in this time performing some motion tweens on the screen background (stage image)
   - and then automatically banch to frame 10   = >   gotoAndStop("slide1");

How could I code this - to "stay on a frame for a certain time" ?

Kind regards,  William-Michael

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your willingess to help me. 
But my questions were  mainly in connection with an Adobe project which we had to finish at a due date.
This date has now been passed - so any assistance now would be too late.
Furthermore, if the news I read today is right, there will soon (31/12/2020) be no Animate support anymore by Adobe and MS Windows /Firefox etc. will soon after start with removing Flash software. 
So it may not be very wothwhile to eagerly study what cannot be produced anymore.

Thank you again 

Kind regards,     Wiliam-Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

animate can create quite a few file types.  one file type is a swf displayed in a web browser.  only support for that is ending, not support for animate nor its other file types.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's nothing inherent in tweens of any sort that would interfere with buttons or input textfields.

if you have something that overlays a textfield or button, it obviously can interfere with interactivity.  there is, at least, one easy solution: put the obstructing object(s) in a layer below the interactive object(s).

and yes, you can use the visible property of anything with an instance name to toggle visibility:

button_1.visible = false:  // or true

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines