• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Request for an update on the steps required to successfully build an iOS app with Adobe Animate CC

Engaged ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

With all the changes in the last months from AIR SDK 27 to the current BETA AIR SDK 30 it would be great if Adobe could give us an update on the steps required to successfully build an iOS app with Adobe Animate CC.

There are some steps that have to be done “manually”, like adding an assets.car file or adding launch images. There are things that are not up to date in the Adobe Support pages like the iOS Deployment Settings or how to Deploy AIR applications on iOS devices directly, etcetera.

This is a respectful request for such an update on the steps required to successfully build an iOS app with Adobe Animate CC.

Best Regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

This is how solved my situation, mainly with the help of Colin Holgate. I use AIR SDK 30.0.0.107 on Animate 2018:

1. I created new Developer and Distribution Certificates in my Apple Developer Account

2. I created new Developer and App Store Provisioning Profiles for my app

3. I din´t use Xcode because it makes things more complicated for me. I downloaded the free ANE LAB to generate the Assets.car file. You can get it from:

https://www.myflashlabs.com/ane-lab-lets-you-use-air-native-extension-in-adobe-air/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am checking with the documentation team. Will get back to you as soon as I hear from them.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great!

Thanks Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The content team has logged a bug for this topic and will discuss updating the content with the product team soon.

Thanks,

PReran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran. Thanks for the information. Any idea about when it will be available?

Bestr Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't been given a timeline as yet. but the team told me that they are busy with an upcoming release, and they will get to it as soon as they are done with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Preran

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

Any news on this issue?

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't expect this to be done in the next couple of months at least, I will keep you updated. Thank you for the reminder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran:

We need to upload new apps to the App Store so we can´t wait a couple of months.

Is it possible to get a list of the specific links that one has to read in order to be updated to build iOS apps using Adobe Animate with the new AIR SDK 30?

The information is scattered all around in the forums and there are threads that have got no correct answer yet so it is difficult to find my way through.

I will appreciate your help on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Am checking with the team. Will get back as soon as I hear from them.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

Thanks. I will appreciate your help on this.

Is this the last version?

Download Adobe AIR SDK

Adobe AIR SDK & Compiler (version 30.0.0.107 for Win & Mac)

If I go to Download Adobe AIR 30 Beta - Adobe Labs

the one that shows is from May 24, 2018

so I´m a little confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although it's strange, that's normal. Labs only has beta builds, and 107 is a release build. Most likely the next build to be in labs will be the first beta of AIR 31.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

Thanks for clarifying that. Any advice on the main issue of my thread?

I can build for iOS using AIR SDK 29.0.0.112 but with AIR SDK 30.0.0.107 I keep getting this message:

“The device has encountered an unexpected error. Installation Error: ApplicationVerificationFailed”

I checked the Apple Developer certificates. identifiers & profiles to be sure they are OK. I added the assets.car file, the additional icons and launch images but I keep getting that error.

I test my apps in an iPad2 - would that be a problem?

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

The team's response, "Currently, we have SDK 26 in Animate. No changes have been made to Adobe Animate. To use the latest SDK, include the AIR_30_assert.car file that is created by xcode in the "AIR for iOS settings" of the AIR iOS doc under "included files" section."

To download the CAR file, click here AIR_FIle - Google Drive

Let me know if that helped.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

Thanks for your time and help on this.

a) Does the team´s response mean that I can use SDK 26 in Animate and my iOS apps will be accepted by the App Store?

b) Is the use of the latest SDK optional?

Maybe that’s my misunderstanding.

1. I tried to create the Assets.car file with Xcode 9.4 following the instructions given here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2416551

and here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2433827

but I always get the message “Build Failed” and I haven’t been able to find a solution to this issue on Xcode.

2. So I downloaded the ANE LAB from https://www.myflashlabs.com/generate-app-icon-assets-car/

which is recommended in some of the threads on the forums and generated the Assets.car file.

3. I included this Assets.car file in the "AIR for iOS settings" of the AIR iOS doc under "included files" section." As indicated by the team’s response but I keep getting the same error message when trying to test my app in my iPad2 using AIR SDK 30.0.0.107. The message is:

“The device has encountered an unexpected error. Installation Error: ApplicationVerificationFailed”

Again, thanks for your time and help.

Best Regards,

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my guess:

Animate comes with AIR 26, and the steps to publish haven't changed.

Do use AIR 30 (which you add with the Help/Manage AIR SDK... option).

In addition to publishing with AIR 30, do add the Assets.car in the General tab Included files section.

Saying "AIR_30_assert.car" may have been a mistake, it should be Assets.car

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your feedback.

I added AIR 30 with the Help/Manage AIR SDK... option.

I added the Assets.car in the General tab Included files section.

I keep getting the same message when trying to test my app in my iPad2 using AIR SDK 30.0.0.107:

I don´t know what to do.

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that error need not be to do with either AIR 30 or Assets.car. Look through this article for various things that can cause the error:

Troubleshooting common Adobe AIR installation errors with iOS applications

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your reply.

I checked the link you sent me:

- I don't have any wildcard characters in mi app ID

- the only thing that could be wrong was the "Wrong certificate used for packaging". So I renewed all my Certificates and provisional profiles in the Apple Developer Center. Then I was able to install my iOS app on my iPad but only with the Developer Certificate and Developer Prov. Profile. When I tried to use the Distribution Certificate with the Adhoc profile or the AppStore profile I got the same message:

In the link you gave me it also talks about: "Feature listed in application.xml file is not added in the provisioning profile" but I don't use any of these in my app.

While checking my App IDs in the Apple Developer Center I noticed that they now include the "Game Center" and "In-App Purchase" services, which I never selected and I never use and there is no way to disable them. So I thought a solution could be to use an iOS Wildcard App ID because that way I can enable only "Data Protection" which is the one I use.

In the Apple Developer Center it says: "To create a wildcard App ID, enter an asterisk (*) as the last digit in the Bundle ID field." Example: com.domainname.*

So I generated my Wildcard App ID and the Provisioning Profiles for it but NOW when I try to publish my app I get this message:

"error 105: application.id contains and invalid value"

I wonder if it is not possible to use an iOS Wildcard App ID in Adobe Animate because of the required asterisk (*).

I have been in a dead end for days trying to publish my iOS app with the latest AIR SDK that is the only way to go in the App Store now.

Any help will be appreciated.

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

I followed the team´s response with no positive results.

I checked this link:

Troubleshooting common Adobe AIR installation errors with iOS applications

for various things that can cause the error:

Nothing solves the issue. Can you please tell the team that I would really appreciate some help?

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have shared your feedback with them. Will get back as soon as I have more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Preran.

Best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what the product team has to say. They have tried this procedure and it works for them.

You need to package “Assets.car” file along with the swf and app-xml for icons to be visible on iOS 11 and above devices. For more info, kindly refer https://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WS901d38e593cd1bac1e63e3d129907d2886-8000.html.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran:

Thanks for your reply.

1. I have followed the points indicated by the team and I haven’t been able to build my iOS app with AIR SDK 30.0.0.107. I keep getting the same message when publishing with Distribution Cert & Prof:

I can install the app with Developer Cert & Prof but not with Distribution Cert & Prof.

2. Other users seem to be having similar issues. Please read the recent posts here:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2494125

3. Please tell the team that the link they are sending

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WS901d38e593cd1bac1e63e3d129907d2886-8000.html is not updated, icons for iOS sizes: 16, 32 and 36 don’t appear in the list. That is one of the reasons for my request for an updated guide to build iOS apps with Adobe Animate CC 2018 latest AIR SDK. I sincerely don’t understand why this is not a priority for the team.

4. Please, with all due respect, tell the team to remember that Adobe Animate is promoted and sold as an easy way for non-programmers to build Android and iOS apps. That is the reason I have used it for years but now it is not so easy to build an iOS app. At least not for me.

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines