• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Request for an update on the steps required to successfully build an iOS app with Adobe Animate CC

Engaged ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

With all the changes in the last months from AIR SDK 27 to the current BETA AIR SDK 30 it would be great if Adobe could give us an update on the steps required to successfully build an iOS app with Adobe Animate CC.

There are some steps that have to be done “manually”, like adding an assets.car file or adding launch images. There are things that are not up to date in the Adobe Support pages like the iOS Deployment Settings or how to Deploy AIR applications on iOS devices directly, etcetera.

This is a respectful request for such an update on the steps required to successfully build an iOS app with Adobe Animate CC.

Best Regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

This is how solved my situation, mainly with the help of Colin Holgate. I use AIR SDK 30.0.0.107 on Animate 2018:

1. I created new Developer and Distribution Certificates in my Apple Developer Account

2. I created new Developer and App Store Provisioning Profiles for my app

3. I din´t use Xcode because it makes things more complicated for me. I downloaded the free ANE LAB to generate the Assets.car file. You can get it from:

https://www.myflashlabs.com/ane-lab-lets-you-use-air-native-extension-in-adobe-air/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team informed me that you have to debug the software using developer certificate and developer provisioning file.

For uploading the app to the app store, use distribution certificate and distribution provisioning file, and not developer certificate and provisioning.

See Amrita's reply in the link that you shared from the AIR forum for more information.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran:

Thanks for your reply and time. I do appreciate it.

From my point of view; the team´s responses prove that we DO need an update on the steps required to successfully build an iOS app with Adobe Animate CC.

1. First the team said: "Currently, we have SDK 26 in Animate. No changes have been made to Adobe Animate. To use the latest SDK, include the AIR_30_assert.car file that is created by xcode in the "AIR for iOS settings" of the AIR iOS doc under "included files" section."

2. Then the team said that they have tried this procedure and it works for them:

“You need to package “Assets.car” file along with the swf and app-xml for icons to be visible on iOS 11 and above devices. For more info, kindly refer https://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WS901d38e593cd1bac1e63e3d129907d2886-8000.html

3. Then the team said “you have to debug the software using developer certificate and developer provisioning file.”

And we are not supposed to get some updated guide?!?!? For the ones (as myself) who are not programmers and use Adobe because it is supposed to makes easy for us to build iOS apps without being a programmer or knowing code?

With all due respect to the team: remember that Adobe Animate is promoted and sold as an easy way for non-programmers to build iOS apps.

I had been a user of Flash since 2004. I remember the great experiences I have creating interactive content to learn music and building iOS apps so easily with Adobe Animate! Without being a programmer or knowing code.

I know that the constant changes from technology, from Apple & iOS are an understandable reason not to be able to have an Adobe Animate perfect compatible version to build iOS apps so easily as it has been in the past. But there should be some information regarding the possibility to have again those wonderful experiences of creating iOS apps so easily.

I have been a loyal Flash/Animate user for fifteen years. Do I deserve some loyalty back?

Best Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have requested the content team to update the documentation around this one, but that update may take time. I don't have an estimated time of action as yet. Meanwhile, I am hoping that someone with expertise on the AIR forum or here can assist you using the information that the team has provided.

Am doing my best to help.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

Thanks for your reply, I know you are doing your best.

Luckily thanks to Colin Holgate´s help I was able to finally upload my app to Apple. However I hope we can soon get an update on this issue.

Best,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update. The team is looking into it. Meanwhile, I am glad that Colin managed to help you. You rock, Colin!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to Colin Holgate advices on this thread and this other one:

AIR  29+ can not debug app on iOS. App is never installed on the device

I found th solution to my problems.

But there is still the need for an update so I hope the team will do something soon.

Thanks to Preran for taking the time to reply my messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is how solved my situation, mainly with the help of Colin Holgate. I use AIR SDK 30.0.0.107 on Animate 2018:

1. I created new Developer and Distribution Certificates in my Apple Developer Account

2. I created new Developer and App Store Provisioning Profiles for my app

3. I din´t use Xcode because it makes things more complicated for me. I downloaded the free ANE LAB to generate the Assets.car file. You can get it from:

https://www.myflashlabs.com/ane-lab-lets-you-use-air-native-extension-in-adobe-air/

- I included Assets.car file in the "Included files" of the AIR for iOS Settings window. I also included these "splash" images:

Default-568h@2x.png (640 x 1,136)

Default-568h@2x~iphone.png (640 x 1,136)

Default.png (320 x 480)

- I made sure to include the icons sizes that you can see in the attached picture:

Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 4.14.09 PM.png

- The name of the folder where you put your icons must be “icons” (with no quotation marks)

- I made sure to include all this on my .xml (use what you need)

<initialWindow>

<content>1.swf</content>

<systemChrome>standard</systemChrome>

<transparent>false</transparent>

<visible>true</visible>

<fullScreen>true</fullScreen>

<autoOrients>false</autoOrients>

<aspectRatio>landscape</aspectRatio>

<renderMode>auto</renderMode>

</initialWindow>

<customUpdateUI>false</customUpdateUI>

<allowBrowserInvocation>false</allowBrowserInvocation>

<icon>

<image16x16>icons/icon_16.png</image16x16>

<image29x29>icons/icon_29.png</image29x29>

<image32x32>icons/icon_32.png</image32x32>

<image36x36>icons/icon_36.png</image36x36>

<image57x57>icons/icon_57.png</image57x57>

<image114x114>icons/icon_114.png</image114x114>

<image512x512>icons/icon_512.png</image512x512>

<image48x48>icons/icon_48.png</image48x48>

<image72x72>icons/icon_72.png</image72x72>

<image50x50>icons/icon_50.png</image50x50>

<image58x58>icons/icon_58.png</image58x58>

<image100x100>icons/icon_100.png</image100x100>

<image144x144>icons/icon_144.png</image144x144>

<image1024x1024>icons/icon_1024.png</image1024x1024>

<image40x40>icons/icon_40.png</image40x40>

<image76x76>icons/icon_76.png</image76x76>

<image80x80>icons/icon_80.png</image80x80>

<image120x120>icons/icon_120.png</image120x120>

<image152x152>icons/icon_152.png</image152x152>

<image180x180>icons/icon_180.png</image180x180>

<image60x60>icons/icon_60.png</image60x60>

<image75x75>icons/icon_75.png</image75x75>

<image87x87>icons/icon_87.png</image87x87>

<image167x167>icons/icon_167.png</image167x167>

</icon>

<supportedLanguages>en fr it pt es</supportedLanguages>

<iPhone>

<requestedDisplayResolution>high</requestedDisplayResolution>

<InfoAdditions><![CDATA[

<key>UIDeviceFamily</key>

<array><string>1</string><string>2</string></array>

<key>UIPrerenderedIcon</key>

<true/>

<key>NSCalendarsUsageDescription</key>

<string>Some ad content may access calendar</string>

]]></InfoAdditions>

</iPhone>

</application>

4. I used Developer Certificate with the Developer Provisioning Profile and in the AIR for iOS Settings I used "Device Debugging" to test the app on my device, then:

5. I used the Distribution Certificate with the AppStore Provisioning Profile and in the AIR for iOS Settings I used “App Store”. The .ipa you get from these settings wont instal in your device. But it will go up through Application Loader, then you can use it on TestFlight or the AppStore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Is there a link available to the updated documentation? My old workflow is no longer working and I am wanting to update some apps and create new apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Paul, (and Colin!), for this detailed answer.  Though it was a bit of a climb, I managed to get it mostly worked out.

Preran, is there any update on making this easier for users, (now almost a year later)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines