• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing an already completed Armature

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added bones to a character and animated them walking in a scene. I have another scene where the same character is walking the same way. The only difference is that the character needs to be a little smaller. I tried copying and pasting the armature into the scene and then resizing it using the free transform tool. However, when I did this, all of the parts of the characters were messed up and broken apart as the character walked. 

I am wondering how I can simply resize an armature without messing it up or having to redo the entire bone tool process. 

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

Copy the armature layer, create a new Graphic Symbol and paste it inside.

Then you should be able to scale, move and tween that symbol on the outside without issues and your armature will stay unaffected.

General advice: Avoid using bones. They will only give you pain and frustration.

Try to see if Layer Parenting will be enough for your needs or even move up to Smart Magnet Rigging.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

Thanks so much this solved my issue. I'm new to animate so the problem seemed trickier than it actually was. I'll check out those techniques. 

With Gratitude,

Reilly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good luck with your work, Reilly!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines