• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reverse animation symbol

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a symbol which is an animated eye blinking shut. Is there a way to reverse this animation to have it open?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

copy the eye-opening frames.

paste frames (after the eye-opening frame)

select the pasted frames

reverse frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello kglad! Thanks for answering but I'm still a little confused. I have a few separate layers within the symbol. Should I copy paste for all layers? Also, how do I reverse them? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, copy all the layers and all the frames that you want to reverse.

after you paste, sequentially select each layer's frames > reverse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This page includ paragraph views opinions are not expressed in the page. I cann't reach properly in the site.

This effect may take a several time consuming. Please help him to reach properly on this page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In AA21 there are Reverse Play Once and Reverse Loop options for Graphic symbols:

Clipboard-1.png

If you don't want to use this feature since it is incompatible with older versions of Flash, the classic approach to reversing in character animation is to wrap your symbol with another container so that it is 2 levels deep. Then reverse the frames on the outside of your original symbol (1 level of wrapping), by converting each frame to a keyframe and reversing them. In this way your original content stays intact inside the wrapping and you can play it both ways - 1-2-3-4 or 4-3-2-1.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines