Highlighted

Revise hard coded CPU clock requirements for Adobe Animate

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Animate has the following requirements for 2019

Intel Pentium 4 or Intel Centrino, Intel Xeon, or Intel Core Duo (or compatible) processor (2GHz or faster processor)

https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/system-requirements.html

---

I have the following.

Intel Pentium Silver N5000 @ 1.10 GHz, 4 GB RAM , 193 GB free storage , Intel UHD Graphics 605

---

The clock speed is below what support has said they've seen the program not crash, 1.7Ghz. The program will launch and then crash so it seems the program reaches the hard coded clock speed and is closed. I'm requesting someone to take a look at revising the clock requirement as these newer processors run at a lower clock but have advanced instruction sets that allow them to perform just fine for these programs. Programs much ‘heavier’ than Animate will execute and run fine on this same processor / configuration.
We encountered a similar issue last year with Photoshop crashing because the clock speed on one of our processors was too high. These types of crashes always come as plugplugowl.dll.

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Revise hard coded CPU clock requirements for Adobe Animate

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Animate has the following requirements for 2019

Intel Pentium 4 or Intel Centrino, Intel Xeon, or Intel Core Duo (or compatible) processor (2GHz or faster processor)

https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/system-requirements.html

---

I have the following.

Intel Pentium Silver N5000 @ 1.10 GHz, 4 GB RAM , 193 GB free storage , Intel UHD Graphics 605

---

The clock speed is below what support has said they've seen the program not crash, 1.7Ghz. The program will launch and then crash so it seems the program reaches the hard coded clock speed and is closed. I'm requesting someone to take a look at revising the clock requirement as these newer processors run at a lower clock but have advanced instruction sets that allow them to perform just fine for these programs. Programs much ‘heavier’ than Animate will execute and run fine on this same processor / configuration.
We encountered a similar issue last year with Photoshop crashing because the clock speed on one of our processors was too high. These types of crashes always come as plugplugowl.dll.

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 23, 2019 1

Have something to add?