Rig Mapping Problem - Ghost Boxes?

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community,

I have been running into an issue that I have tried to solve myself without any luck.

When I use the rig mapper on my character, other boxes appear when I am assigning body parts: 

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 17.20.12.png

I have tried importing the character over and over to a new canvas, changing each body part into a symbol, and parenting again and again.

Despite that, these "ghost boxes" appear when I am using the rig mapping tool.

When I try to highlight the correct body part, say the torso, another box appears.

I am eventually able to click on the actual torso and assign the right body part:

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 17.22.17.png

For each body part, there is a twin "ghost box"

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 17.22.29.png

Like I said, with some patience, I am able to assign the actual body part.

When I apply the skeleton, this is what happens:

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 17.24.08.png

I keep getting the same result each time. I am usually very tech savvy and able to solve problems myself. I have watched the tutorials over and over again, but I am at a loss.

Can someone please advise? 

Thank you,
Molly

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issues with a simple stick figure. The sticks get broken into crazy bits as soon as I apply the rig. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines