Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rigged character won't stay down...

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I only just installed Animate. I have a character symboled and rigged using the bone tool. Everything was working fine, but now when I lift the hand/arm/leg the entire body lifts off the baseline. I think it should be a simple fix but I've been all over the f**king screen trying to get it to stop.

Thanks

DH

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

Since you are just starting with Animate, save yourself much time, pain and frustration and never touch the bones/armature again. It is unusable for any practical purposes.

Try to see if the in-built Layer Parenting works for your needs or invest some time and move on to Smart Magnet Rigs.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much n_tilcheff!

I'll scrap the bones workflow (although I thought the constrain degree icons at the joints were a nice visual) and I'll go with parenting.

DH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines