Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Runtime sharing linkage URL stays empty

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have this annoying issue where my linkage URL for runtime sharing stays blank even after entering a valid URL in it.

I have file_export.fla containing a movie clip mc_test that is exported for runtime sharing with URL file_export.gfx (we use scaleform so SWFs are converted to GFX files at runtime).

Then in file_inport.fla, I have the same mc_test that I create from scratch, check the "import for runtime sharing" option and set the same "file_export.gfx" URL. But after confirming and reopening the property window for that clip, the URL becomes empty again.

This works fine in many other circumstances but somehow in some cases it fails and I can't figure out why.

If I set any other URL that the "file_export.gfx", it works fine but somehow that particular one causes issues.

I even made a small JSFL script to see if the issue wasn't just in the animate UI :

run();

function run()
{
var doc = fl.getDocumentDOM();

var selectedItems = doc.library.getSelectedItems();

if (selectedItems.length != 1 || selectedItems[0].itemType != "movie clip")
{
var alertString = 'Please select a single movie clip object in the library before running this command. count = ' + selectedItems.length;
if (selectedItems.length == 1)
{
alertString += ' ; type=' + selectedItems[0].itemType;
}
alert(alertString);
return;
}

if (selectedItems[0].linkageImportForRS)
{
fl.trace( "runtime sharing option : url = " + selectedItems[0].linkageURL);
var newURL = prompt('enter new URL');
if (newURL != null)
{
selectedItems[0].linkageURL = newURL;
fl.trace( "runtime sharing option changed : url = " + selectedItems[0].linkageURL);
}
}
else
{
fl.trace( "not runtime shared");
}
}

But even when I run that and enter my "file_export.gfx" as the URL, the :

fl.trace( "runtime sharing option changed : url = " + selectedItems[0].linkageURL);

comes back as :

"runtime sharing option changed : url = "

in the console.

Does anybody has any idea what would cause something like this ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found my own answer faster than I thought 🙂

If you right click on an empty space inside the library window in animate while the problematic FLA is opened (the file_import.fla in my example above), you can see a "Runtime Shared Library URL..." option in the contextual menu.

Clicking on that opens up a prompt for a global, document-level, runtime share URL for the current FLA.

In my case, because I basically created file_import.fla by duplicating file_export.fla, the URL was set to file_export.gfx which prevented me from setting that same URL on my mc_test imported symbol.

Changing the global URL to file_import.gfx fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines