Highlighted

Saving an Armature to CC Library

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to save an armature to the CC library so I can use it in other projects. When I try to save it I am only given the options to save it as symbols or as an animation, but not as an armature. Any ideas on how to do that save it as an armature so I can use it in other projects??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Saving an Armature to CC Library

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to save an armature to the CC library so I can use it in other projects. When I try to save it I am only given the options to save it as symbols or as an animation, but not as an armature. Any ideas on how to do that save it as an armature so I can use it in other projects??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 01, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to copy the armature and paste it into your other project?

In Animate, you can have more than one project open at a time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 01, 2019 1
Advocate ,
Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi noahc

you can also open an external library in an Animate project. Go to File -> Import -> Open External Library... . Open here the FLA which contains your armature and you can pick whatever you like from that external library to be used in another project.

Klaus

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 02, 2019 0
Advocate ,
Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, please forget my previous post about External Library for now. I didn't actually know what an armature is. Now I know more, it belongs to Inverse Kinetics and Bone Tool and is probably not a Symbol. In so far I don't know whether an armature can be put into the library.

Klaus

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 02, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 02, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Put your armature inside of a symbol and save the symbol to the CC Library not the armature itself.

Regards,

JC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 02, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't work and I've just now notice that all of my symbols open in other projects

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 02, 2019 0