Highlighted

Scaling text uniformly within a symbol button

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

basic question but I'm follwing an Adobe Animate tutorial and creating a button with text but when i scale the button in the scene, it scales the text non-uniformly whereas in the tutorial, it's holding the correct scaling and not distorting.

The button is drawn then saved as a moviel clip symbol then after double clicking it's symbol in the library and entering the edit mode, I add static text and position within the button. I then exit to the stage and try to scale to fit the scene but it's distorting the text. I can't see any stage I've missed and if I import their scene (Lynda.com), the button text scales as it should, I must be missing something obvious!

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Dan

TOPICS
Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Scaling text uniformly within a symbol button

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

basic question but I'm follwing an Adobe Animate tutorial and creating a button with text but when i scale the button in the scene, it scales the text non-uniformly whereas in the tutorial, it's holding the correct scaling and not distorting.

The button is drawn then saved as a moviel clip symbol then after double clicking it's symbol in the library and entering the edit mode, I add static text and position within the button. I then exit to the stage and try to scale to fit the scene but it's distorting the text. I can't see any stage I've missed and if I import their scene (Lynda.com), the button text scales as it should, I must be missing something obvious!

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Dan

TOPICS
Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 01, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably have already, but try to save (or even quit and restart Animate). I have experienced the same problem before, and this solved it. (maybe even try an update, if neccessary)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 01, 2019 0