• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select objects on the same layer behind other objects

Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. If an object is behind another object. How do I select it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Hi roostertoons

Generally I try to avoid having objects covering other objects so totally that the lower ones are impossible to select. Use layers whenever that makes sense, even if the layers are only temporary for drawing or construction purposes.

Using Arrange changes of course the stacking order, what is not always wanted. However keyboard shortcuts ctrl/cmd + ↓ or ctrl/cmd + ↑ help working fast.

I help myself mostly by moving the top object a bit out of the way stepwise with shift + ctrl/cmd +

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click the object and use arrange.Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 9.26.36 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Click the layer to select all objects in it, then press Ctrl/Cmd + Shift + D (Distribute to Layers).

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi roostertoons

Generally I try to avoid having objects covering other objects so totally that the lower ones are impossible to select. Use layers whenever that makes sense, even if the layers are only temporary for drawing or construction purposes.

Using Arrange changes of course the stacking order, what is not always wanted. However keyboard shortcuts ctrl/cmd + ↓ or ctrl/cmd + ↑ help working fast.

I help myself mostly by moving the top object a bit out of the way stepwise with shift + ctrl/cmd + → or ↑ or ← or ↓. Select the one underneath, do my thing and move the top object stepwise back into previous position.

Well there are many ways

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines