• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selection Tool Magnet sometimes doesn't work.

Participant ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the selection tool, whenever I try adjusting the position of the tip of a stroke to connect perfectly to another stroke--having the magnet toggled on--it always works EXCEPT when one of the strokes is a product of Copy+Paste. As soon as I click on the tip, the stroke "spazzes out" into a completely different direction, being about 50 pixels off from the cursor. This always happens when the stroke was copy and pasted.

In another case, this sometimes happens when I erase part of the stroke to shorten it. The stroke does "magnetize" when trying to connect it with another, but it snaps inaccurately, by about 20 pixels or so from the look of it.

I'm using the Paintbrush tool, Object Drawing Mode ON, Pen Pressure ON.

Anyone else have this problem and have a solution?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Hi mate,

Are these pasted strokes Unions/Drawing objects?

If so, try breaking them apart and making them Union again. See if when broken apart they snap better.

Double-clicking the Union to enter it and then exiting should help too.

My explanation is that Flash/Animate gets confused about the actual transformations and coordinates of those modified or pasted Unions/Drawing objects.

I experience similar symptoms very often since I do a lot of snapping when cleaning up character designs. The fastest so

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try tu turn off snapping - just try tu use horseshoe buton at the bottom part of Tools palette

Snaping make me creazy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off snapping did help; it no longer spazzes out. But the problem still stands: The copy+pasted stroke will not magnetize to another stroke. Although, the original stroke will magnetize to the copy+pasted stroke.

EDIT: Actually, turning off snapping automatically turns off the horseshoe button, as they are the exact same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mate,

Are these pasted strokes Unions/Drawing objects?

If so, try breaking them apart and making them Union again. See if when broken apart they snap better.

Double-clicking the Union to enter it and then exiting should help too.

My explanation is that Flash/Animate gets confused about the actual transformations and coordinates of those modified or pasted Unions/Drawing objects.

I experience similar symptoms very often since I do a lot of snapping when cleaning up character designs. The fastest solution is break apart and 'unionise' again. Assign a shortcut to that if there is no such.

Hope this helps

NT

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines