Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

shape hint

Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hallo, , is there anyone who has trouble with SHAPE HINT? I have been trying for two days but it doesn't work, I followed tutorials and even your suggestions, but nothing ... the suggestions in the second frame remain red and don't work. I followed all the suggestions, I work only with shape tweens, with ungrouped shapes, everything that is said in the guide and in the community, is there any bug in the updated version 2 days ago? thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

I have noticed many issues regarding shape tweens even with the added benefit of using shape hints. It's a voodoo science for sure and even with the simplest of shapes, shape tweening with using hints most often fails for me. It's never been 100% reliable and with the latest release I do think it might even be worse. I just tried to shape tween a square between 2 keyframes using shape hints on all 4 corners and it produced an animation that was very unexpected. 
I'm also trying to animate a chara

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

Just tried them here on An 20.0.1 and see no obvious problem. Hints work as expected.

Make sure you have 'snap to objects' ON when you try to attach a Shape Hint.

If they still refuse to work, try a different file, different version of Animate and so on until you isolate the cause.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed many issues regarding shape tweens even with the added benefit of using shape hints. It's a voodoo science for sure and even with the simplest of shapes, shape tweening with using hints most often fails for me. It's never been 100% reliable and with the latest release I do think it might even be worse. I just tried to shape tween a square between 2 keyframes using shape hints on all 4 corners and it produced an animation that was very unexpected. 
I'm also trying to animate a character that uses Layer Parenting and strokes. One stroke per layer (2 vector points) and often the stroke flips upside down even when only shape tweening one point across 2 keyframes and when I try to apply shape hints to the stroke, it never snaps no matter what. 
If you can provide a screenshot maybe we can suggest a specific work-around based on what you are trying to do?

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, maybe it's only a "snapping" problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shape hinting + Parenting layers DOESN'T SEEM TO WORK TOGETHER.

When the shape layer has a parent, the shape hinting tool doesn't snap de hints, nor uses its.

Does anybody have a "hint" on  this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're not supposed to parent anything other than symbols, which have real matrices.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines