Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shape hints doesn't work

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Animate CC 2019 on Windows10

I'm tried to use shape tween but it didn't work the way I want so i started using shape hints. shape hints on final frame turned green and I wanted to see how it turned out then i realized it deleted everything on in-between frames...I don't know if I'm using it wrong...my shape is a simple shape made with pen tool.

At these picture you can see my first frame and then my in-between frames and as you can see the shape is gone and that's the problem and finally my final frame.

so what should I do?

Screenshot (24).png Screenshot (25).pngScreenshot (26).png.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Shape Hints only work with Shape Tweens, and shape tweens only work on UNGROUPED objects.

It looks like your image has a bounding box around it showing that it is grouped. Ungroup it or break it apart (Command B)

To get an idea how shape hints work, try something like a card opening using a rectangle so you get an idea how it works.

First get the shape tween to work, and then add ONE shape hint at a time. Keeping in mind that the placement of shape hint A will be placed on the first keyframe at the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

First of all, your hints are not in order.

Make sure you go counter-clock-wise and keep the hints in order A B C and so on as you describe the shape.

I can see on your screen A E B C G ...

Secondly, try using fewer than what you have. This kind of shape should be OK with just 2, 3 or 4 hints.

Last, break apart your Union.

Hope this helps!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Shape Hints only work with Shape Tweens, and shape tweens only work on UNGROUPED objects.

It looks like your image has a bounding box around it showing that it is grouped. Ungroup it or break it apart (Command B)

To get an idea how shape hints work, try something like a card opening using a rectangle so you get an idea how it works.

First get the shape tween to work, and then add ONE shape hint at a time. Keeping in mind that the placement of shape hint A will be placed on the first keyframe at the point where you want to aid the shapes movement, and then you will position that same A on keyframe two where you want that  point to tween to. And even with shape hints you don't always know what you will end up with.

It can definitely work smoother when you use shape hints on corner points.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines