Exit

SHAPE TWEEN MISBEHAVING. HELP!

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I just can't cope anymore.

I have a broken apart logo created with pen tool, so is vector. I have put that logo on a frame, created a keyframe further down the line with the same logo white. The logo is EXACTLY the same, in the same place on the stage, has the same W & H, and the same X & Y. But the shape tween during the colour morph seems to mess about and change the logo (letters). I thought out of curiosity, ill copy the colour logo from first frame and paste in place exactly the same logo with colour further down and it still does it. Surely it shouldnt be changing anything at all because no dimensions, shapes or positions etc are changing, just the colour from colour to white, but having pasted the same broken apart logo in both places, it still misbehaves. I have tried shape hints and these seem to make matter worse. I dont understand. Please help if possible.

Thanks for your time.frame 1frame 1frame 2frame 2frame 2frame 2frame 1frame 1

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to , Product issue , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

each letter should be on its own layer and have it own tween.

then use shape hints to get each letter to tween the way you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

each letter should be on its own layer and have it own tween.

then use shape hints to get each letter to tween the way you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , is this the case even though the letters are not typed, they are drawn (with line/pen tool)? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, absolutely.  

the more layers, the better.  the only exception i can think of, is if you have shapes that start as distinct (and therefore usually would be on different layers), but you want them to merge in some way during the tween.

in text, that might occur, for example, if the end text has fewer characters than the begin text and you therefore intend to merge two, or more, letters to form one character later in the tween.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kglad you always come up trumps! It worked, I dont understand why but it worked and thats all that matters. Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines