Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharing an HTML5 banner ad animation with client

Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

I cannot find any build in way of sharing files (HTML5 animations for adverts) with a client. I would have thought it would be possible using Adobe Cloud to do this... Am I missing something?

Many thanks

TOPICS
Ad development , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can share files using cc but that's not what you should do.

you should upload your production files to a file server and send your client a link so they can veiw your product (in their browser).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you kglad

Yes, that's what I want to do, present it to them 'in browser'. But I guess I'm surprised that Animate/Cloud doesn't make this a seamless thing to do. I was hoping I had just missed something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animate canvas documents publish as web pages. Adobe can't change the fundamental nature of what web pages are and how they work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. I'm a little bewildered by this response though.

.. Obvs I do know what a web page is and how it works.

I'm not sure how this would require Adobe 'changinging the fundamental nature of what web pages are'. To be clear - what I'm asking them for is precisely to serve up a web page. 

FYI: Many online tools that help one create web banners also give you the ability to share them with clients. 

• Adobe has built in the ability to create the HTML file.
  • + Adobe had a cloud service.
  • Adobe provides similar sharing functionality in XD and even inDesign etc.
  • These could even be served up into an iframe with the ability to post a comment on the Adobe served page.
  • Adobe Animate plans to add sharing buttons for social media (currently only twitter) - and this kind of simple service for sharing would be a great feature for the many people who create ads, some are paying for a third party service to sstreamline this.

I hope that clarifies the kind of feature I'm talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can easily upload the HTML5 zip file (or other ad tags) on PreviewAds.com to preview the ad and share the preview link with your client. Here's an example of an HTML5 ad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's what I'm looking for. Tks you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome! Share with all your friends and colleagues!

We plan to add the ability to upload multiple HTML5 ads and create a shareable link to all of them.

Feel free to send me an email and we'd be happy to keep you in the loop on updates: Landon@Adreform   dot com 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use a file server.  there are free (with ads) ones. google it.

if you're going to do more than dabble with freelancing, get your own (~$10/mo) and get your own domain name (~10/yr).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you want to make a suggestion to adobe, https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks kglad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might be a bit biased, but that's exactly where Adpiler is for. Drop your HTML5 ads and get a professional preview page, where clients can view, review, and give approval.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines