• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shift key registers even though I am not holding it down in Adobe Animate 2019 and 2020 (Windows 10)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.  First, a refresher on shortcuts:

• go one frame back:  comma 
  • go one frame forward: period 
  • jump to the start of timeline:  shift + comma
  • jump to the end of the timeline:  shift + period

Anyways my issue is that oftentimes, when I press comma or period to navigate the timeline, instead of it moving one frame, instead it will sometimes jump to the beginning/end of the timeline, as if I was holding down shift while I press comma/period.  However, I am not holding down shift!  I know for sure that it thinks shift is active because when I try to use the brush tool, it makes straight lines, and when I try to select a frame, it selects multiple frames. 

When I am in this predicament, I have to press random keys in order to make shift unstuck.  Things will work normal for a minute (when i press comma or period, ir moves one frame like it should), but soon, it thinks shift is being held down again, and I have to unstuck it by pressing random keys.  This is VERY annoying.  Does anyone know of a solution to this?  I would appreciate it!

There could be a lot of factors than influenced this problem. I:

• upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10
  • updated my adobe animate software.  I am using the same file from the older version of adobe animate. 

Tablet:  XP-Pen Artist 22E

Software:  Adobe Animate 2019 and 2020 (issue happens on both)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

I found the issue.  The problem occured when I used an application called Touchkey.  When I stopped using Touchkey, the problem disappeared.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the issue.  The problem occured when I used an application called Touchkey.  When I stopped using Touchkey, the problem disappeared.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines