Highlighted

shortcuts Fn key

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use Adobe Animate I use the shortcuts f5 and f6, f10  keys a lot.

Now with my new laptop and with windows 10  - I only can use this shortcuts when I press the Fn key simultaneously. Is there a way to disable the use of the Fn key so I don't have to press two keys twice?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

shortcuts Fn key

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use Adobe Animate I use the shortcuts f5 and f6, f10  keys a lot.

Now with my new laptop and with windows 10  - I only can use this shortcuts when I press the Fn key simultaneously. Is there a way to disable the use of the Fn key so I don't have to press two keys twice?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Animate forum so that proper help can be offered.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2020 0
Guide ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

There is usually a setting in laptop's BIOS or sometimes a special combination which will be mentioned in the laptop's user manual to switch the behaviour for F-keys.

When you do so you will have the F-keys work straight away while to use the media keys you will have to pres Fn+the key.

Another option will be to use an external keyboard.

- Nick: Character designer and animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2020 0