• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Simple Dynamic Text?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find a tutorial. Using AS3 as it will be exported to video for social media. My dynamic text field instance name is "quote3". My text file in the same folder is named "quote.xml" or "quote.rtf". (Does it matter what kind of text file it is?) I need to know exactly what action to paste in the frame. 

Also, does it matter what frame the action is pasted in, and if the text field has to be on the main timeline? For example, if I want the text to fade in and the text field is in a movie clip, is that possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need more info to answer your question. Is there a specific reason for you to load an external text? 

I would put the text in a movie clip in order to use fading as it is pretty straight forward. Then you can use your movieclip as desired, on the timeline or from the library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your time. I am creating a template for a non-designer person to be able to change the text and photo externally without knowing how to use Adobe Animate. So they simply edit/save the .rtf files, open the .fla file and export video for social media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I suppose you have all working and you were just wondering about the fade. So yes, I would put the dynamic text in a movie clip and make sure I have the correct path for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not have the dynamic text working. Is there a very basic tutorial?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

This answer may help you:

Solucionado: SWF SE VE COMO UN BLOC DE NOTAS - Adobe Support Community - 9653674

If possible, consider using JSON as your external data file because it's very popular nowadays, it's way easier to work with and AS3 has a default class to handle this kind of files.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines