Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Simple HTML5 code to create moveable Game piece in Adobe Animate

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, All!

I'm a complete novice, so no advice is too small. I've had years of experience in illustrator, inDesign and Photoshop, but am completely new to adobe animate, after effects and premiere pro.

Recently, I've been trying to create a board game in Adobe Animate. All I want to do is have the player be able to move their game piece on the gameboard. I'm a teacher and am trying to make games for my kids during this COVID-19 crisis.

I've seen lots of tutorials about Draggable Elements, etc. and nothing I do seems to work. I'm pretty fast at picking up on things, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I know there is an easy way to do this in ActionScript, but do not want to do it this way as it will not be sustainable.

Help!!!

Thank you,

M

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HTML code alone can't do this.  To make things draggable, you should learn to work with plain vanilla JavaScript or a JavaScript framework like jQuery UI. 

Which devices do you intend to target?  I ask because draggable with a mouse may not work the same on touch screens and vice versa. So you need something that is both mouse & mobile-friendly.

Also Flash is dead.  So don't do anything that requires Flash Player.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/flash-player/adobe-flash-availability-after-2020/td-p/10929047?page=1

[Moved from Community Help to Animate.]

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I plan on having kids use it on the computer as well as tablets or touchscreen computers. I've been attempting to do this in Adobe Animate on the HTML5 canvas. This is not ActionScript, and so will not be flash. ... Still not getting it to work.

I was able to troubleshoot the dragging portion of the video below, but am having difficulty with the dropping part at about 18:40 in the video. I have it copied from the script, but am working on it... not even sure what I did to fix the dragging part than all the other times, so I saved it immediately!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYBWehkks_Y&t=11s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines