Highlighted

So I pressed "revert."

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After working on a series of talksprites for the entirety of the day, I was attempting to go to my last autosave available, do to me making a mistake then continuing to work and now being unable to undo. Thing is, that ain't what the revert button does! It goes to your last ACTUAL save. which was, HOURS UPON HOURS AGO. Someone please tell me I can still find my autosaves somewhere, apparently they get deleted if I do a proper save, but I'm afraid the revert function ALSO saves the file and makes all your auto saves vanish in an instant. 

Edit: Yes. Yes it does. What a stupid f**king function. Whatever, I'd like to instead ask where I could find the symbols that I made in the previous version, unless those got gobbled up by this black hole of pointlessness that is the Revert option. Also. I'm going to bed, so any solutions that require me to have not closed the program or turned off my computer are out.

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

So I pressed "revert."

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After working on a series of talksprites for the entirety of the day, I was attempting to go to my last autosave available, do to me making a mistake then continuing to work and now being unable to undo. Thing is, that ain't what the revert button does! It goes to your last ACTUAL save. which was, HOURS UPON HOURS AGO. Someone please tell me I can still find my autosaves somewhere, apparently they get deleted if I do a proper save, but I'm afraid the revert function ALSO saves the file and makes all your auto saves vanish in an instant. 

Edit: Yes. Yes it does. What a stupid f**king function. Whatever, I'd like to instead ask where I could find the symbols that I made in the previous version, unless those got gobbled up by this black hole of pointlessness that is the Revert option. Also. I'm going to bed, so any solutions that require me to have not closed the program or turned off my computer are out.

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was on the 2015 version of Adobe Animate, mind you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2020 0
ClayUUID LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing stupid about it, you just have a flawed understanding of its function and purpose.

First, Revert has existed in Flash/Animate for a very long time, at least as far back as Flash 5. Its function has always been to reload the last hard save, which was the only kind of save that existed until very recently.

Second, there is no autosave in Animate. This function is clearly labeled in the preferences dialog as "auto-recovery". Its purpose is to periodically make a single recovery save so you don't lose more than a few minutes work if Animate crashes. This save is temporary, and automatically deleted when you save or close the document.

Now, you could have gone into the folder where your FLA is saved, found the RECOVER* file, made a copy of it, and opened that as a new document. But even that only would have been helpful if the last recovery save was made before you made the changes you wanted to revert.

Going forward I'd recommend switching your preferences to object-level undo.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2020 1