• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

someone Please help!!! how to animate using photoshop

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am trying to animate a character that I drew on photoshop, so I have layers of different mouth drawings (for lip sync), and eyes (for blinking). I am new to adobe animate and I have no idea what I'm doing ;_; I have looked up so many tutorials but couldn't find the right one.  Where should I start from? and how do I put different layers as the frame changes? right now the mouth and eyes are in each group, mouth (smile mouth, mouth shut, mouth open half...) . If these all makes sense to you please help me😭

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mate,

Nice design!

You should learn about Graphic Symbols.

Then you should convert your bitmap bits to Graphic Symbols (you may need to mask the content inside the symbols) and organise a hierarchical structure of elements that is logical - i.e. a character rig.

You can look at an example of a character rig where elements are placed contextually within symbol containers and try to replicate it with your bitmap content.

It does not matter whether you put vector artwork or bitmap images inside the symbols. The structure and approaches are the same.

With bitmaps you are only making your life much more difficult as there are always complications when you have to switch between programs.

So in conclusion, you need to learn how to use Animate in principle, before attempting to bring in your artwork from Photoshop and animating it.

Good luck!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines