• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sound won't start and is inconsistent on mobile (Canvas project)

Contributor ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I've imported a MP3 sound into my canvas project and posted the FLA online.

When viewed on my laptop, the sound plays soon as page loads (this is as intended).

When I view that page on my Iphone 6, I need to tap the FLA before the sound will start. (The animation begins upon page load, though.)

I need both animation and sound to begin at the same time on mobile devices.

Also: The sound file doesn't play all the way through about 30% of the time. On my laptop, the sound file always plays all the way through.

This is my first time using audio with my FLA so this might be something basic I'm overlooking. Any ideas?

Details:

-The MP3 file is 16 bit and 470k

-I created a blank keyframe in my audio layer then imported my mp3 into the library, selected that keyframe and in Properties, chose the mp3 file in the Name pull-down menu. Sync can only be set to "Event" because it's an HTML Canvas project.

-Previewing in Safari on an Iphone 6s

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

It's not just the awful iPhone web browser. More and more desktop browsers are requiring user interaction for audio playback as well.

https://hacks.mozilla.org/2019/02/firefox-66-to-block-automatically-playing-audible-video-and-audio/

Autoplay Policy Changes  |  Web  |  Google Developers

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mobile's restrictions do not allow sound to start automatically.

See info here:

https://stuff-things.net/2015/01/08/controlling-html5-audio-on-mobile-devices/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

redesign wrote: "Mobile's restrictions do not allow sound to start automatically."

I suspected that...but many times my audio file won't play all the way through on my iphone. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not just the awful iPhone web browser. More and more desktop browsers are requiring user interaction for audio playback as well.

https://hacks.mozilla.org/2019/02/firefox-66-to-block-automatically-playing-audible-video-and-audio/

Autoplay Policy Changes  |  Web  |  Google Developers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines