Highlighted

Sound wont work and wont play

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've bin using adobe animate for a while now and everything's bin working great. Until a few days ago. I had it on stream in action script 3.0 and it worked fine before but now it wont play any sound and when I press play it doesn't do anything. I can still scrub around but playing doesn't work.

Nothings bin changed on my computer as of this week to make it change that I know of but I'm almost 100% sure. This is really frustrating and I've restarted the computer. tried to update any adobe files and uninstalled and reinstalled and its just not working.

Any help would be amazing. Thanks.

Hi mate,

Make sure that you not only restart the computer once, but actually shut it down and do a 'cold' boot.

Audio format before import has to be 44,1 kHz, 16-bit, ideally WAV PCM. It can also read others, but this is the best when you troubleshoot.

Next thing to look into is your OS audio hardware setup. On Windows you can choose default playback device from Sound in the Control Panel but also from 'modern' Sound Settings you can change the audio device on a per application basis.

It is possible that the audio is going to some audio device that you are not listening to.

You can also try to reset your Animate config folder, by navigating to it and deleting all its content while the program is closed.

Nothing else comes to mind.

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sound wont work and wont play

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've bin using adobe animate for a while now and everything's bin working great. Until a few days ago. I had it on stream in action script 3.0 and it worked fine before but now it wont play any sound and when I press play it doesn't do anything. I can still scrub around but playing doesn't work.

Nothings bin changed on my computer as of this week to make it change that I know of but I'm almost 100% sure. This is really frustrating and I've restarted the computer. tried to update any adobe files and uninstalled and reinstalled and its just not working.

Any help would be amazing. Thanks.

Hi mate,

Make sure that you not only restart the computer once, but actually shut it down and do a 'cold' boot.

Audio format before import has to be 44,1 kHz, 16-bit, ideally WAV PCM. It can also read others, but this is the best when you troubleshoot.

Next thing to look into is your OS audio hardware setup. On Windows you can choose default playback device from Sound in the Control Panel but also from 'modern' Sound Settings you can change the audio device on a per application basis.

It is possible that the audio is going to some audio device that you are not listening to.

You can also try to reset your Animate config folder, by navigating to it and deleting all its content while the program is closed.

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 27, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention it plays fine if there's no sound file. but with sound file it wont play and I've tried different audio files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2019 0
Guide ,
Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

- Nick: Character designer and animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2019 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked out your sound export settings?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2019 0