• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sprite Animation Walk help?

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. So i'm very new to Sprite Animation, and i found a very good tutorial online on how to import sprites and make the characters do their actions. The problem is that he stopped making the tutorials. So, the thing i need help with making Mecha Sonic here move from one side to say, the middle of the screen. I've tried making a motion tween after selecting all the frames, but that doesn't work. (look at attached video as example) 

If you wanna know how I imported the sprites, here is the link :https://youtu.be/Y0BPC9YXlkA

Maybe my method had something to do with it?

(Start at 1:30)

TOPICS
Error , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prehaps i can help you, i have limited experiance in sprites.
To make sprite walk add walk loop in graph symbol and stack it on top of each other, keyframe it and space it out per your fit.
After that place the sprite walk/run loop on your main timeline and classic tween it per your needs. That is how in the nutshell sprites works, most of it is in graph symbols and after that you tween it to your desired effect, ofc you will have to do some stuff by hand like fights, grabbing stuff and similar.
This is to my extend how i can help you, if you have any other questions please ask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey! I hope you have some patience as i'm also pretty new to the program and have only used it a few times outside of 1 highschool class i took where we learned how to animate stick figures. 

I'm not sure where/how to add a walk loop, and what you mean by stacking it ontop of eachother. If you could record a short video/give screenshots, or just type it out, that'd be so appreciated. I'll keep playing around with this, maybe i'll find it. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have. He goes way too fast without explaining fully what he's doing (in terms of walking/moving his sprite.) Especially since i'm new to sprite animation, and semi-new to the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks anyways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines