• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

stop animation in Adobe Animate(html-canvas)

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, everyone. I need to stop animation in the game. I guess, I need to add KeyFrame to the timeline for the specific second, and later on to insert "this.stop()" inside of that action. But it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to stop a timeline (eg, mc1), use:

this.mc1.stop();

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mc1, what is this? and how can I get it? Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ViktorLavrenenko, it depends on which part of animation you would want to stop - whether it's main timeline animation or MovieClip animation.

If you'd want to stop the main timeline animation, the steps mentioned by you works well - (Add Keyframe -> this.stop() in actions panel). But this will not stop MovieClip - such animations continues to run.

To stop MovieClip animation in main timeline, you will have to add MovieClip instance name in the frame script -'this.<movieclip_InstanceName>.stop()'. To find the MC instance name, just click on the MC in stage and check for the information in 'Object' tab of 'Properties' panel.

Screenshot 2020-07-27 at 1.31.58 PM.png

Hope this helps. If you still continue to face problems, kindly share the sample file to investigate further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines