• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Straight line appearing at beginning of brush strokes (not fixed by changing Windows Ink setting)

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am currently facing a similar problem as some others on this fourm have had, in which my rounded brushstrokes begin with a straight line. This occurs more often with bigger and faster brushstrokes.

brianc18708735_0-1603402666749.png

(this is less extreme example)

Many have reported solving this issue by changing the tablet input to Windows Ink, but this has not had any effect on the issue for me. I have tried both WinTab and Windows Ink settings in animate, enabled and disabled "Use Windows Ink" in Wacom Tablet Properties, and I have manually turned off and on Windows Ink with the Windows 10 Local Group Policy Editor (all showing no difference). I have uninstalled and reinstalled Animate, and restarted my computer as well.

Info:

Latest version of Animate

using a Cintiq 22HD (latest drivers)

Latest version of windows

10700k CPU

RTX 2070s GPU

16GB ram

Any help on this would be appreciated, thank you.

TOPICS
Product issue , Tablet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Are you using Fluid Brush or Classic brush in the picture attached above? Let us know.

With Windows Ink enabled, you should not face this issue with Classic Brush tool.

In Fluid Brush you might face this while fast drawing or immediate interactions. We are already working on this. We will keep you posted once there is an update. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response! I was using the fluid brush in the atttached picture, the classic brush is indeed working when using Windows Ink. I'm glad to hear Adobe is working on a fix, thanks for keeping me posted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines