Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange frame behaviour in Animate CC

Engaged ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I am working on a horse walk cycle in Animate CC. There are keyframes at frame 29 and 33, with a classic tween connecting them. At frame 32, the artwork (which is a brown harness on the rear of the horse. the harness is on it's own layer) jumps backwards. You can see this if you look carefully at the posted image of frame 32. i do not know what is causing this. I have tried re starting the iMac, inserting frame to frame keyframes, removing the classic tween. Can anyone suggest what the problem might be. Everything else in the animation is working fine. - I is just this one frame which jumps. Grateful for any advice.

Frame 29 -OKFrame 29 -OKFrame 31 OKFrame 31 OKFrame 32 - Frame jumps back!!Frame 32 - Frame jumps back!!Frame 33 - OKFrame 33 - OK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Thanks for your advice.

Sorry for the delay.

I have now resolved the issue. I do use layer parenting, but I think it was just a glitch in the software at that time. I re-did the whole sequence  from scratch and it worked out fine.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

This is with the assumption that you don't use Layer Parenting:

Make sure that in the left and right keyframes you have an instance of the same symbol.

Also make sure that you have not moved the transformation point accidentally in either of the keys.

For anything more than this you will have to share a FLA with the problematic tween for inspection.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your advice.

Sorry for the delay.

I have now resolved the issue. I do use layer parenting, but I think it was just a glitch in the software at that time. I re-did the whole sequence  from scratch and it worked out fine.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines