Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange glitches with Advanced Layers?

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!

I'm encountering some strange errors when rendering out files that have Advanced Layers active. Trouble is, I can't easily replicate the issue as it doesn't seem to happen all the time.

Frame 1 tweaks - Sometimes, when rendering a file that contains advanced layers, frame 1 of the render will have some symbols in a completely different location and sometimes scale. The file seems completely fine and it only seems to show up when it renders out in a .mov.  I figured the Advanced Layers are the issue when I discovered that disabling the Advanced Layers of the document lead to proper rendering. Or, if I push the entire scene to start on frame 2, instead of 1, and render out a blank frame on 1, then everything works fine.

Incorrect Graphic Symbol Display - Usually disabling the Advanced Layers helps, however, in scenes where I need to use the attributes of an Advanced Layer, I can't really disable them and call it a day. I recently ran into an issue with them where a symbol, using advanced layers, would end up glitching at various different points along a tween. I was just animating pupils tracking another character and the pupils had a simple bevel filter on them to fit the design. Since the pupils were traveling in an arc, I did some quick classic tweens and when render time came around, a frame before a new tween would take over, the pupils would pop back to the initial position of the tween.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is there a step that I'm missing or some property I don't know about that needs to be active to prevent this. I can't really share the file or screenshots of the issue, as it's part of a project, so all I really have is words to describe what's going on.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Hi mate,

I will only say that I have seen others report most of what you have listed here, so you are not alone.

"First frame bug" I believe has been documented, reported and confirmed; probably many of the others too.

I have not seen anyone give any workarounds other than "Avoid using Advanced Layers" or the camera.

My personal advice is use CS6 in AS2 document and avoid using any of the new features as they are all potentially problematic for serious production and full of all kinds of hidden surp

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mate,

I will only say that I have seen others report most of what you have listed here, so you are not alone.

"First frame bug" I believe has been documented, reported and confirmed; probably many of the others too.

I have not seen anyone give any workarounds other than "Avoid using Advanced Layers" or the camera.

My personal advice is use CS6 in AS2 document and avoid using any of the new features as they are all potentially problematic for serious production and full of all kinds of hidden surprises. This is what I do, because of necessity...

Good luck!

NT

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines