Highlighted

Surface Book Pen Issues Continued

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I use a Surface Book with Adobe Animate. I used to be able to draw on it, no problem, with the Surface Pen. Now it does this weird line and very laggy. This doesn't make sense because on illustrator, the pen works with no lag. I use animate a lot more than illustrator and this is a huge problem for me and I'm sure for a bunch of other artists. Is there going to be a fix for this? I've updated to the latest animate and it's still doing this issue. 

Hi mate, 

When you update always keep the old versions until you are sure that the new one is better.

They have been trying to fix pen input for years now it seems, and the only devices that work without many issues are Wacom tablets.

TOPICS
Error, Missing feature, Performance, Product issue, Tablet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Surface Book Pen Issues Continued

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I use a Surface Book with Adobe Animate. I used to be able to draw on it, no problem, with the Surface Pen. Now it does this weird line and very laggy. This doesn't make sense because on illustrator, the pen works with no lag. I use animate a lot more than illustrator and this is a huge problem for me and I'm sure for a bunch of other artists. Is there going to be a fix for this? I've updated to the latest animate and it's still doing this issue. 

Hi mate, 

When you update always keep the old versions until you are sure that the new one is better.

They have been trying to fix pen input for years now it seems, and the only devices that work without many issues are Wacom tablets.

TOPICS
Error, Missing feature, Performance, Product issue, Tablet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 04, 2020 0
Guide ,
Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate, 

- Nick: Character designer and animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 04, 2020 1