• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Surface Pen Inaccuracy in Adobe Animate

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying Adobe Animate on my Surface Pro (5th Gen) but I realized the pen was incredibly off while drawing. I haven't found this issue in literally all other software, including Photoshop, Clip Studio Paint, OneNote, and so on. It's just Adobe Animate. I don't believe it to be a calibration issue, and I tried turning down Smoothing on the brush, but that didn't work. Here's a video showing the paintbrush, pencil, and eraser tools-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/598ot3jowi5iqa1/Video%20Apr%2008%2C%2012%2002%2001%20PM.mov?dl=0

I was wondering if it could be the pen, since it's the Surface Pro 4 pen, but considering it works fine will all other software, I don't think that to be the issue, especially since that would be an expensive fix.

If anyone has any suggestions, please share! Thanks!

TOPICS
Error , Product issue , Tablet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Hi mate,

Everyone here knows it's Animate's fault and not your pen.

There are multiple topics a day.

The devs are working on it. Whether they will succeed the next time or not is unclear, but you will have to wait for an update and see.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

Everyone here knows it's Animate's fault and not your pen.

There are multiple topics a day.

The devs are working on it. Whether they will succeed the next time or not is unclear, but you will have to wait for an update and see.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem 😞

For me, it started after installing the WinTab drivers, and it was only the pen. If I used my finger to draw or even the mouse, it was accurate, but not the pen. I uninstalled the driver today, and my pen's working again, but my pressure sensitivity is gone again, which is the reason I installed the driver in the first place.

I hope this gets fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It already is fixed, mate.

Go to Edit > Preferences > Edit Preferences > Drawing and from Tablet Input choose Windows Ink (Beta) for your device.

Clipboard-1.png

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over a year later and nope. Problem persists regardless of preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Surface pen offset issue has been fixed in recent Animate builds with following preferences.

Go to Edit > Preferences > Edit Preferences > Drawing and from Tablet Input choose Windows Ink 

If the issue still persist in the latest version of Animate (21.0.8). Please provide a short screen recording of the brush issue with "Windows Ink" mode selected under preferences, this will help us identify the issue. 

Please note: Video you have attachd in above thread has been expired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines