• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Surface Pro 4 and Animate CC Drawing lag

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I just picked up a Surface Pro 4 (i5, 265GB model) and I've been noticing issues with drawing in Animate CC. It works great on my main setup (iMac with 21UX Cintiq), but I can't seem to draw too fast or I get straight lines/lag in my brush strokes. Did anyone find a solution to this? Toon Boom Storyboard Pro draws fine, but Photoshop has a similar issue, so it seems to be some problem between Adobe apps and the Surface drawing interface.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Oleg,

Well if you look at his specs his is an i5 with an integrated video card and yours is an i7 and if they're both integrated the extra CPU power makes a HUGE difference. So does the hard drive. he doesn't mention the memory but i suspect it's also less than yours. Do you also see the drawing lag on your i7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mike,

it doesnt have anything to do with my specs. It's just about the application Animate cc as it is not optimized for the Surface suit like photoshop cc or Illustrator cc. I also had an Surface pro i 7 and tested it also on an acer Switch 5 i 7 and the results are the same with animate cc. I dont exprience the lag as sort of you think of, when i draw there is no lag, but at the beginning where i put down my pen to start drawing a line or whatever... there appears a circle (rightclick circle), as Long as i am in this circle there is no drawing detected, but if draw outside the small circle the line draws normally without lag. I have already tried to turn off the right Click function for the pen but it does not help. This guy managed to explain the Problem very well -- > New surface pro drawing bug / straight lines bug in AnimateCC test video - YouTube

I hope Adobe will fix this soon or someone can help me out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that is odd and sorry to hear nothing seems to help. I do not experience any of that with my Cintiq Companion and so I think maybe it has to do with the n-Trig drivers. You might try banging on Microsoft's door as well. I really wish one of those Surface Books would work with Animate because I'd buy one in a heartbeat. They're SO beautiful but unless it does what I want it's essentially a glorified door stop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a number of people reporting they have no lag on the Surface Books on an Adobe Animate Facebook forum I started a while back. Can anyone here confirm it's been fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has NOT been fixed, unfortunately.

Despite me mentioning that there is a solution in the thread above, the issue has resurfaced and it's too much of a pain for me to format my computer every time I want to get my computer to finely placed state where the stylus works properly. This issue seems to occur mostly on 2-in-1 laptops

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mike,

Yes, as resulb19516862 said above — even tablets like my Surface i7/16GB experience lag issue with Animate. The problem is definitely in how software manages N-trig driver, and how fast it activates the pen. Some programs like Photoshop, Toon Boom or Sketchable work just fine. Other like Animate or TVPaint — have lags (though TVP is raster-based).

I experience problem described here on msft forum​: when I try to make a circle (or any curvy shape), I get straight line in the beginning.

I believe Animate team knows about these problems (at least support tells so), and I see some progress in recent updates. But it's just not on their top list...

Thanks anyway for researching the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Oleg,

i hope they will make Animate cc a high priority and compatible with the Surface suit like they did with photoshop and Illustrator.

still waiting for a Response or update from the Adobe Support. It is really frustrating...

paying for something you cannot use (properly)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it's 2018 and this still isn't fixed! What's going on??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am hoping that the fixes will be reflected in the next update. Release announcements are done by the team as soon as the update is available for use.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update didnt do a Thing!

We all have waited for more than a year on a fix, but as it seems, Adobe doesnt care enough…

This is why many costumer have left and will left!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Surface Studio coming out, I'm hoping your team will consider making the Surface Suite a priority. I would personally much rather see resources put into making the core Adobe products function better on 2-in-1's than producing iPad apps.

Just my 2 cents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has last update fixed it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it fix because I am planing on getting the surface 4 to use with animate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but as far as I know the answer is still no. Get a Cintiq Pro instead. they work perfectly with Adobe Products.

Wacom Cintiq Pro 16 | Wacom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too poor for that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Surface Pro 4 isn't that far in price. I actually own an older Cintiq Companion and I got that for about $900 on eBay. They're not that bad in price and they're amazing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any update on this issue? (Same user here idx2014). I've adapted my workflow to not use Animate CC but I'd rather go back to it if possible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to chime in here, since I own two PCs  with the same poor brush/pen response issue when using Flash CC and Animate CC.

I have a Surface Pro 4, and a Boxx connected to a Yiynova 22MPU.  Both run Windows 10, and have drawing issues with Adobe Flash/Animate (other Adobe apps work properly).  After many rounds of driver updates, installing Wintab, etc, I'm still having a lackluster using experience with Flash/Animate CC.

I also tried turning off Widows ink and "flicks", which didn't significantly improve the drawing experience in any way.

I know this problem is unique to Windows, because when I run a trail version of Flash CC on an old mac mini and draw on my Yiynova, the drawing is clean, responsive, and has no lags. Pressure sensitivity isn't a battle, it "just works" The difference in user experience between the mac and PC are like night and day.

I now have to keep an extra computer in my closet for the off-chance I need to animate a project in Flash.  If my clients and academic institutions didn't insist on using Adobe Flash and Animate, I would be using something (anything) else.  I really hope Adobe improves the Flash user experience for Window 10 users.  It's truly the bad seed of the Adobe family.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

any solution??? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking at a Surface Pro problem in a different program, and discovered that Microsoft puts a delay into left mouse presses, to avoid accidental taps from happening. That delay was increased with the Windows 10 Creator update.

There's a good chance it's not going to help, but it could be worth turning off the delay, to see if that helps. Here are two relevant articles:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023466/surface-touchpad-use-and-settings

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/touchpad-delay-after-windows-1...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

thank you but it didnt help me to solve my Problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... how is this still not fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here (still).

Just updated to animate cc 2018, 18.0.1 build 115 with updated drivers.

When drawing a circle or trying to draw small spots or lines, the system doesn't recognize the pen. When drawing something larger the line is filled in with a straight line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone saying this is a 'Microsoft Problem' it isn't. The Surface devices work with all other Adobe software, including the other vector based program, Illustrator. Not to mention most free alternatives work just fine with Surfaces. I'm talking about Krita, Paint Tool SAI 2, MediBang, Just about everything else works just fine. If free programs can figure this out, a billionare company should be able to as well. This is just a bug they haven't fixed because Animate isn't important to them. I see surveys all the time about Photoshop, their Holy Grail of software. but I've never seen one for Animate.

The Solution is to Boy-Cot Adobe guys. Plain and simple. Go use Toon Boom if you want to take your money elsewhere, or Open Toonz if you want the same software Studio Ghibli uses for free. There are other options, and the best part is, They actually work. I've been waiting for this fix for almost a year now, and others have waited longer. THERE IS NO EXCUSE. Take your money somewhere else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines