Highlighted

Surface Pro 4 and Animate CC Drawing lag

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I just picked up a Surface Pro 4 (i5, 265GB model) and I've been noticing issues with drawing in Animate CC. It works great on my main setup (iMac with 21UX Cintiq), but I can't seem to draw too fast or I get straight lines/lag in my brush strokes. Did anyone find a solution to this? Toon Boom Storyboard Pro draws fine, but Photoshop has a similar issue, so it seems to be some problem between Adobe apps and the Surface drawing interface.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Surface Pro 4 and Animate CC Drawing lag

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I just picked up a Surface Pro 4 (i5, 265GB model) and I've been noticing issues with drawing in Animate CC. It works great on my main setup (iMac with 21UX Cintiq), but I can't seem to draw too fast or I get straight lines/lag in my brush strokes. Did anyone find a solution to this? Toon Boom Storyboard Pro draws fine, but Photoshop has a similar issue, so it seems to be some problem between Adobe apps and the Surface drawing interface.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 07, 2016 2
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The product team is looking to fix issues related to this one. If you are not on the latest version of Animate CC, i suggest using Feature Request/Bug Report Form  to send your observations to the team.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2016 2
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue as above, I've submitted a bug report with links to other people experiencing the same results - do you have an ETA on this issue as it's stopping us all from working!

Thanks,

Matt

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure, have you installed the latest Adobe Animate on your device, and can you reproduce this issue on the latest version?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2016 0
Contributor ,
Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am interested in this as well as I bought a SurfaceBook specifically to use with AnimateCC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2016 0
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, using Adobe Animate CC 2015.2

Build no: 15.2.1.95

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case, let me check with the product team and get back to you. There could be a delay because of the weekend.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2016 0
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou, is there any update on this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked with the team, and this is a bug they are investigating for a fix in a future update. Stay tuned.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2016 0
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou, do you have an ETA on the next build? As you gave the same answer back in July.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2016 0
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Radio silence. Lovely. Please respond if you find the time - paying clients have been having this issue for close to a year now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologize for the delay. I monitor multiple forums and it is not possible for me to get to posts immediately.

All product fixes are announced on the day an update is launched. The reason why it is difficult to provide ETAs is because there are many variables that affect the timing of an update.

Request your patience until we have an update with this fix. I have conveyed the urgency to the product team.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2016 0
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on the issue? Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2016 0
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any luck on this issue? Its been a while...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 01, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We haven't heard of many similar issues with the latest updates. I suggest getting in touch with Adobe Customer Care Contact Customer Care for investigation. Provide the agent with a link to this thread so that you do not have to repeat your issue.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 02, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the animate cc release forum they says the problem exist yet today! Amazing very sad, so many new tablets with eacom AES and N-trig, it seems just only old EMR wacom digitizers works with Animate, which means bulky and expensive tablets as the cintiq studio/companion...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2017 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Preran,
If you haven't heard of a problem - doesn't mean you fixed the issue.

It's still exists, we can't draw with Animate CC - strokes are broken, also strokes are missing, while you're drawing.

A lot of devices have similar problems as my Surface Pro 4.

We love Flash/Animate, but this lag has been discussed for few years - and no news still.

Sad

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear your frustration, and I apologize for it. I monitor the forums, and my observations were based purely on numbers that I use to track issues. It wasn't a comment on your position.

Coming to the point, please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message. Click my picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you further investigation. I will also send this post over to the product team for their observations.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Preran,

Has there been any fix to these issues on the Surface Pro? The program is almost unusable because of the lack of palm rejection. Also, drawing seems to have gotten worse with inability to draw smooth circles and increased jitter since the last update.

Please address these issues it is important that I can work on the go.

Thank you.

Steven

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that a few issues with using Adobe Animate on Surface Pro are still under investigation. Let me check and get back to you.

You can file a request with the team using this link Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo Preran,

is there any solution or update yet. I have already contacted the Support team here in Germany but didnt get a answer on my problem. is there any update coming, which makes Animate CC work with the surface suit like Photoshop or Illustrator do?

Thanks

Resi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 12, 2018 0
Advocate ,
Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 13, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately it does not solve the drawing lag/bug Problem.

I have tested it on several devices like the acer Switch 5, but like in the new Surface Pro, this following Problem still occurs.

New surface pro drawing bug / straight lines bug in AnimateCC - Microsoft Community

This Problem still exists, while Photoshop cc, Illustrator cc... works perfectly fine with the sruface pro.

I hope a solution will be found soon, because it makes it impossible to work appropriate with Animate cc.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2018 0
Advocate ,
Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it's not going to either. Unfortunately, your device's i5 and integrated graphics aren't powerful enough to handle the vector calculations and it's never going to be. Sell the device and get something better or don't use Animate. I know that's lame but this has been an issue for years now and Adobe clearly doesn't plan on fixing it. Honestly, it's really Microsoft's fault because they abandoned Wacom tech which is what all seasoned drawing programs were developed on and went with N-trig which is far less powerful and pretty much bites. Sorry dude.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mike, it seems that it's not about the power. My Surface Pro 4 (i7/16GB RAM) works perfectly with After Effects, and other animation software - like Photoshop, or vector-based Toon Boom Harmony. Your advise to sell the device is equal to move from Adobe Animate to Toon Boom Harmony.

Good luck with new projects though!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2018 1
Advocate ,
Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Oleg,

Well if you look at his specs his is an i5 with an integrated video card and yours is an i7 and if they're both integrated the extra CPU power makes a HUGE difference. So does the hard drive. he doesn't mention the memory but i suspect it's also less than yours. Do you also see the drawing lag on your i7?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 15, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mike,

it doesnt have anything to do with my specs. It's just about the application Animate cc as it is not optimized for the Surface suit like photoshop cc or Illustrator cc. I also had an Surface pro i 7 and tested it also on an acer Switch 5 i 7 and the results are the same with animate cc. I dont exprience the lag as sort of you think of, when i draw there is no lag, but at the beginning where i put down my pen to start drawing a line or whatever... there appears a circle (rightclick circle), as Long as i am in this circle there is no drawing detected, but if draw outside the small circle the line draws normally without lag. I have already tried to turn off the right Click function for the pen but it does not help. This guy managed to explain the Problem very well -- > New surface pro drawing bug / straight lines bug in AnimateCC test video - YouTube

I hope Adobe will fix this soon or someone can help me out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 16, 2018 0
Advocate ,
Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that is odd and sorry to hear nothing seems to help. I do not experience any of that with my Cintiq Companion and so I think maybe it has to do with the n-Trig drivers. You might try banging on Microsoft's door as well. I really wish one of those Surface Books would work with Animate because I'd buy one in a heartbeat. They're SO beautiful but unless it does what I want it's essentially a glorified door stop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 16, 2018 1
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it's 2018 and this still isn't fixed! What's going on??

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 08, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am hoping that the fixes will be reflected in the next update. Release announcements are done by the team as soon as the update is available for use.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update didnt do a Thing!

We all have waited for more than a year on a fix, but as it seems, Adobe doesnt care enough…

This is why many costumer have left and will left!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2018 0
Contributor ,
Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Surface Studio coming out, I'm hoping your team will consider making the Surface Suite a priority. I would personally much rather see resources put into making the core Adobe products function better on 2-in-1's than producing iPad apps.

Just my 2 cents.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2016 0
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has last update fixed it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2016 0
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it fix because I am planing on getting the surface 4 to use with animate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 18, 2017 0
Advocate ,
Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but as far as I know the answer is still no. Get a Cintiq Pro instead. they work perfectly with Adobe Products.

Wacom Cintiq Pro 16 | Wacom

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 18, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too poor for that

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 21, 2017 0
Advocate ,
Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Surface Pro 4 isn't that far in price. I actually own an older Cintiq Companion and I got that for about $900 on eBay. They're not that bad in price and they're amazing!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 21, 2017 0
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any update on this issue? (Same user here idx2014). I've adapted my workflow to not use Animate CC but I'd rather go back to it if possible!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 10, 2017 0
New Here ,
May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to chime in here, since I own two PCs  with the same poor brush/pen response issue when using Flash CC and Animate CC.

I have a Surface Pro 4, and a Boxx connected to a Yiynova 22MPU.  Both run Windows 10, and have drawing issues with Adobe Flash/Animate (other Adobe apps work properly).  After many rounds of driver updates, installing Wintab, etc, I'm still having a lackluster using experience with Flash/Animate CC.

I also tried turning off Widows ink and "flicks", which didn't significantly improve the drawing experience in any way.

I know this problem is unique to Windows, because when I run a trail version of Flash CC on an old mac mini and draw on my Yiynova, the drawing is clean, responsive, and has no lags. Pressure sensitivity isn't a battle, it "just works" The difference in user experience between the mac and PC are like night and day.

I now have to keep an extra computer in my closet for the off-chance I need to animate a project in Flash.  If my clients and academic institutions didn't insist on using Adobe Flash and Animate, I would be using something (anything) else.  I really hope Adobe improves the Flash user experience for Window 10 users.  It's truly the bad seed of the Adobe family.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 03, 2017 0