Highlighted

SVG turned to bitmaps

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried every publish setting I could find to get my HTML5 canvas to export as vector, but it seems to always be turning into bitmaps and looking ragged when scaled. My original artwork is directly imported from Illustrator,  text is editable on the Animate stage, but it all gets turned into bitmaps when published. The SVG file that is created upon publishing is very crisp and vector. How can I get the staged application to look that way?

TOPICS
Import and export, Publish package

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

SVG turned to bitmaps

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried every publish setting I could find to get my HTML5 canvas to export as vector, but it seems to always be turning into bitmaps and looking ragged when scaled. My original artwork is directly imported from Illustrator,  text is editable on the Animate stage, but it all gets turned into bitmaps when published. The SVG file that is created upon publishing is very crisp and vector. How can I get the staged application to look that way?

TOPICS
Import and export, Publish package

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 20, 2020 0
Guide ,
Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

There is some really bad UI/UX there, but have a look at this recent topic where Clay explains how the dialog works:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate/animate-2020-can-t-publish-to-html5-canvas-without-image-expo...

- Nick: Character designer and animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Nick! That's definitely better. Thin text still becomes unreadable pretty fast, but I guess I can make things larger to combat that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 20, 2020 1
Guide ,
Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, mate,

With text I've found out that if you make it dynamic (instead of static) it will export as text and your file size will shrink a lot.

Hope this helps!

- Nick: Character designer and animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 20, 2020 0