Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Swf to video export

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,
i made a tutorial for a client in animate. My file has some scenes to separate differents parts. It also does have stop and setinterval for pauses between motions.
My main issue is when i export this animation the first stop encoutered by te export stop the video. So, in the end, its has a length of 15 sec instead of several minutes.

I really want to avoid expanding keyframes to last more time and thats why AS3 is useful.

I tried to convert the swf to video online or with a software but none is useful.

Can anyone could please help me fix this please?

TOPICS
Error , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Yes, the AS3 is interpreted.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can only main timeline animation to video.  the effects of code and/or user interaction cannot be converted to video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have an older version of Animate it used to have an option to export video for a given amount of time. Then you can use code to control timing, and it will affect the export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm this answer help me more 😉
Could you please be a little bit more specific about "use code to control timing" ? 
Does it mean the AS i put wil l be interpreted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the AS3 is interpreted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Colin, i'd like to thank you sincerely. Your trick with the old version helped me to export at once in video with my AS3.

Thanks again

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about the swf to mp4 (or else) ?
because the swf works correctly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or even swf to HTML5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

video export has support for very little as3.  you'll have to test, but for timeline control, i think it's limited to methods like stop, play, gotoAndStop, gotoAndPlay

converting to html5 will convert none of your code but will comment it out to make it easier for you to manually recode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines