• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SWF won't play in AFTER EFFECTS

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My SWF export made in Animate 19.0 wont play when imported in my After Effects 15.0.1 composition. The video only shows the first frame when played.   If I export the SWF from an older Animate version, the SWF runs smooth on After Effects. Anyone else is having this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

The new update of AE 16.0 and Animate 19.0 allow you to import the FLA file directly inside After Effects 16.0, more details at: Integration of Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects with Animate CC

Also, Advanced Layers mode is now enabled by default in Animate CC 19.0 and each layer is published as movie clip in this mode. SWF files that are published with Advanced Layers mode ON and imported into After Effects have the same limitations as that of importing movie clips. You can turn OFF Advanced

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new update of AE 16.0 and Animate 19.0 allow you to import the FLA file directly inside After Effects 16.0, more details at: Integration of Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects with Animate CC

Also, Advanced Layers mode is now enabled by default in Animate CC 19.0 and each layer is published as movie clip in this mode. SWF files that are published with Advanced Layers mode ON and imported into After Effects have the same limitations as that of importing movie clips. You can turn OFF Advanced Layers mode (Modify > Document…> Mode).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new feature sounds helpful but isn't actually a solution to the SWF not playing.

When you do import a FLA, it exports a series of SWF's in a different folder, so if you need to change one of those elements you have to re-import the FLA every time? The reason the SWF method worked so well for us, is that, it allows us to update the FLA animation and re-publish quickly without the compositor needing to do anything.

It would be amazing if the next patch could fix the SWF issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, the 'Advanced Layers' mode was the issue for us. Once unchecked, everything works as it used to so far.

Importing the FLA into AE creates a folder of separate SWF's which isn't particularly helpful to me, as Spiteyourface describes above. But I appreciate the idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´ve tried everything above including the Advanced Layers turnoff and Optimizing for After Effects and nothing works. It always appeared the same annoying 86 :: 1 error notification.

I have the 17.6.0 version of Animate and the 21.0.2 version of After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, so I've tried this new workflow several times and it hasn't worked at all? Even the simplest possible flash file, with like 5 simple frames, 1 layer, advanced layers turned off, saved as FLA, just doesn't load. This is completely rubbish! Would be a really useful feature if it worked at all ever....anyone had any luck with this?

adobe.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for the record, I have had this issue with Animate CC 19.1 -- across different OS and devices. The fix ended up being to re-install Animate 18 and export the file. However, once I did this, 19.1 was able to export without a problem. Naturally I can't re-create the issue or the solution -- but for anyone having this problem currently, it's worth noting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PP_GarthJones is correct and PrashantGupta is incorrect. Having an import method for a finished Animate project is one thing, but this update seems to destroy everything else as a trade off. For instance, any possibility of an iterations and updates workflow. Also destroyed is the possibility to import a multiple-level Animate animation as a single .swf asset. I don't necessarily want to import my multi-layer Animate project as anything other than a single compiled asset.

Which would be fine if it were an option but presently it is not. Presently, if I publish via the traditional publish method, the animation frames are not included and the .swf imports as a still of the first frame. It is still registering the presence of the frames, because where frames are present, the .swf is truncated to the duration of the frames animation (as apart from single-frame timelines which still import as infinite) but it is not including the motion. So I consider this a bug.

This means that, even if I import the whole multilayered .fla project (which I don't want to do because it means creating surplus precomps where that layering is surplus) that I still can't find/replace specific layers, since only the 'import .fla' option retains the actual animation (a buggy inconsistency). So I have to re-import everything to change one thing.

Previously, one person could simply update and publish an .swf file, and it would update in AE without the compositor even having to refresh. This was ideal.

Entire TV series are produced using the (previous) Animate to AE workflow and they've all been ground to a halt! This update is a disaster, and Adobe have shown once again they have no idea how people are using their product. Until such time as it co-exists with the previous publishing method, we're all going to have to revert to older versions again, for like the 5th time in the history of Animate/Flash usage. Publish to AE worked fine in like 2005 and it also worked fine in previous version, stop breaking it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

spiteyourface​  SWF import workflow should continue to work as before. For new fla files, you can turn OFF Advanced Layers mode (Modify > Document…> Mode). Please let us know if you are still facing issues in swf import after turning off advanced layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´ve tried everything above including the Advanced Layers turnoff and Optimizing for After Effects and nothing works. It always appeared the same annoying 86 :: 1 error notification.

I have the 17.6.0 version of Animate and the 21.0.2 version of After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just want to let you know that the April 2019 update of Animate (19.2.0.405) that we have just released has an Optimize for After Effects option in Publish Settings that allows you to take SWF’s to After Effects like you use to take it before along with the features like Camera, Layer Depth and Parenting.

Please update your copy of Animate 2019 to the latest using Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application to avail this.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of these solutions have worked for me. Incredibly frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Are you on the latest Animate 19.2.1 and still facing this issue?

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same issue, I've updated my mac, the programs, turned off advanced layers. It's just this one import that's stopping me from finishing the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on the latest version of everything. None of it works. None of it.   Another case of an Adobe "update" completely breaking everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had such a bad experience of various bugs and problems this year that I should be entitled to a part refund. I certainly will have to consider whether I want to renew my subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Is it possible for you to specify the Version and Build number of After Effects & Animate and the error/snap shot that you are getting when you drag drop the fla file into After Effects?

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the 21.0.2 version of Animate and the 17.6.0 version of After Effects. Nothing seems to work Optimizing for After Effects nor turning off advanced layer. Don´t know what else to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did anyone find a solution to importing swfs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, see Mohan's link above. Turning on Optimize for After Effects in Publish Settings did the trick for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines