Highlighted

symbol issues

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so here's the deal. I'm working on a video, and I'm having an issue turning a certain image into a symbol. Or actually moving it in a separate keyframe at all.  So I've drawn a little character being pulled back by his mother. In the first picture, you can see his eye is completely fine. Everything is drawn. Everything is filled, even the whites of the eyes. But for some reason when I try to convert it to a symbol so I can tween it, his right eye pretty much vanishes.  So I tried to just manually move him by simply creating a new keyframe and moving him in the desired direction, but for some reason, even doing that causes his eye to disappear. Has anyone else experienced this? What do I do, I tried letting it happen and just copying and pasting his eye but it's like it's not even registering. Any thoughts?example.png

TOPICS
Error, Performance, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

symbol issues

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so here's the deal. I'm working on a video, and I'm having an issue turning a certain image into a symbol. Or actually moving it in a separate keyframe at all.  So I've drawn a little character being pulled back by his mother. In the first picture, you can see his eye is completely fine. Everything is drawn. Everything is filled, even the whites of the eyes. But for some reason when I try to convert it to a symbol so I can tween it, his right eye pretty much vanishes.  So I tried to just manually move him by simply creating a new keyframe and moving him in the desired direction, but for some reason, even doing that causes his eye to disappear. Has anyone else experienced this? What do I do, I tried letting it happen and just copying and pasting his eye but it's like it's not even registering. Any thoughts?example.png

TOPICS
Error, Performance, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 27, 2020 0
Guide ,
Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

Very nice drawing!

From what I see, I believe that the two characters are just one pencil drawing that has been filled.

The program is probably confused because of too many/messy vector points.

Make sure you save a copy of this file under a new name before you do anything.

With the A-tool (Subselect) click on your linework and see if you can identify clusters of points that are illogical or very close to one another. Try to manually delete some.

Alternatively try to select both eyes with the Lasso tool and convert them to a drawing object (Union) so that they do not intersect with the face and 'hover' above it.

Cut the Drawing Object and fill underneath with the skin colour; then paste it back in place and enter it to remove the face colour.

Hope this helps!

- Nick: Character designer and animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 27, 2020 1