Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

symbol, transparency and overlapping

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I'm looking for a way to display a semi-transparent animated symbol (picture1) without seeing the different overlapped layers contained in this animated symbol (picture 2). Kind of "ghost effect" on the whole symbol.

Properties of the occurence of the symbol are "Alpha 50%", and its layer is on Multiply.

Any solution?

Thanks

Capture d’écran 2019-11-28 à 10.54.18.jpgCapture d’écran 2019-11-28 à 10.54.55.jpg

TOPICS
How to , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

When you have your animation complete, duplicate to keep the tweens and guide the original layers.

Then convert to frame by frame, merge and convert to bitmaps. It will work.

Or, as I said earlier, install 2018 alongside your 2019 and use Frames To Movieclips and Effects Tween. 

Both variants will produce the desired result.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

In previous versions you could choose different blending modes for Movie Clips and change the alpha. It would render the picture without revealing the internals. The last version that behaves as it is should is An CC 2018.

In 2019 with the introduction of the so called Advanced Layers they changed the behaviour which I believe to be a bug. It may be fixed at some point.

Until then your only options are:

• to convert to bitmap if you don't have animation (and want to use An 19+)
  • if you have animation you have to go a few versions back and use Frames To Movieclips and Effects Tween.

Hope this helps!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your fast reply

Yes, I work on Animate CC 2019... (and my symbol is not a MovieClip, but an animated graphic symbol.)

I'm stuck...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you have your animation complete, duplicate to keep the tweens and guide the original layers.

Then convert to frame by frame, merge and convert to bitmaps. It will work.

Or, as I said earlier, install 2018 alongside your 2019 and use Frames To Movieclips and Effects Tween. 

Both variants will produce the desired result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply

Unfortunately I can't install Animate CC 2018 (I'm a new user of CC)

And I'd like to keep the vector aspect of my animations to import them in After Effects and zoom in without pixels. My animation in Animate is only an animatic rough, a try : I create my animated symbols in Animate, but the final footage is made in AE

So, in Animate, I avoid the alpha and decide to export each Movieclip of my librairy as a swf file to import them in AE.

But in AE, big bug. Only some pieces of the first frame of my swfs are visible and stay static.

Never had this problem with CS6. What's happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's where you can get 2018 from:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-apps-download.html#creative-cloud-2018-ap...

As for the rest, someone else might hopefully come in and help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK. I guess the animate/AE problem desserves a new topic...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines