Highlighted

Symbols disappear

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to animate a two minutel piece and am having major issues. I am creating symbols and using them in my tweens. The symbol is usually fine for the first couple of keyframes then the preview changes from characters to rectangular blocks. When I test the animation it is fine, but I am unable to make adjustments because there is not an accurate preview of the symbol. This project needs to be done in the next 48 hours and I am going nuts trying to figure out why this is happening. It also keeps throwing out  or disabling my audio file.

I am working on a 6 month old MacBook Pro, loaded with memory and fastest processor available at the time.

TOPICS
Performance, Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Symbols disappear

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to animate a two minutel piece and am having major issues. I am creating symbols and using them in my tweens. The symbol is usually fine for the first couple of keyframes then the preview changes from characters to rectangular blocks. When I test the animation it is fine, but I am unable to make adjustments because there is not an accurate preview of the symbol. This project needs to be done in the next 48 hours and I am going nuts trying to figure out why this is happening. It also keeps throwing out  or disabling my audio file.

I am working on a 6 month old MacBook Pro, loaded with memory and fastest processor available at the time.

TOPICS
Performance, Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 21, 2019 0
Guide ,
Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

You sound like someone who is not novice with Flash/Animate, so you should know that what you report is unusual.

First of all try to re-set the program, by deleting config.

HD\Users\YourUserName\Library\Application Support\Adobe\Animate CC YourVersion\YourLocale\Configuration

Animate has to be closed when you delete it.

If that does not help, in a situation like this, you have to try is to work on a different computer for a while. It could be that your new Mac is developing some kind of a RAM fault.

The next thing to try is a different version of Animate, if behaviour is the same on a different computer.

Finally it can be something with your file which you will have to identify by elimination.

Always save copies of your files and have backups.

Animators are not firemen and noone dies if you miss a deadline, so relax.

Good luck!

- Nick: Character designer and animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. It appears to be a preview issue. If I zoom in at 100% or better my symbols appear as they should. However, I will try resetting the program to see if that will help matters. I have multiple computers at work so plan on going in tomorrow to see if I have less preview issues on one of them. Noone may die, but the film festival I am creating this for won't have an intro. That would not be a good thing. Working on plan B at the same time. Not as interesting, but it will get the job done.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2019 0
Guide ,
Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. Fingers crossed you finish the piece on time, mate!

Have you tried switching to a different preview mode, like Full or Anti-alias from the View menu?

There have been many people complaining about sluggishness with retina displays. Animate seems to not be dealing well with high density displays. Maybe you have come across some of those unpleasant issues with the screen buffer...

- Nick: Character designer and animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this before! You are using imported bitmaps correct? I have found that when high resolution bitmaps are imported, when you scale them down inside of Animate, at a certain point, they get rendered as solid color squares. if you re-export the images from say Photoshop at 72dpi and/or smaller in terms of width and height, this will solve the issue - keep in mind if you overwrite the existing assets in AnCC then it will mess up your existing animation because the images inside the symbols will get updated (smaller).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2019 0